Step into the most richly detailed and vibrant game world ever created. The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ is the latest chapter in the epic and highly successful saga from Bethesda Softworks.
Oblivion is the sequel to the best-selling, award-winning role-playing game (RPG) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind®, named 2002 RPG and Game of the Year for Xbox®. Oblivion is another leap forward in role-playing with its combination of freeform gameplay and cutting-edge graphics.
- Good and evil: Create and play any character you can imagine, from noble warrior to sinister assassin to wizened sorcerer.
- Melee and magic: An all-new combat and magic system brings first person role-playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.
- Stunning graphics: Pixel-shader effects and high-definition televisions are fully supported to create unprecedented visuals, including lifelike towns, dungeons, and the most realistic forests ever created in a game.
- Radiant A.I.: This groundbreaking artificial intelligence system gives characters full round-the-clock schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. Non-player characters eat, sleep, and complete goals all on their own.
- Realistic characters: The game features over 1,000 non-player characters who come to life like never before with facial animations, lip-synching, and full speech. They even engage in unscripted conversations among themselves!
- Enormous environments: With its non-linear game play, the huge world of Oblivion is open for you to explore at your own pace, and shorter quests such as fighting bandits, mixing potions, creating magic items, and persuading friends keep the challenges coming.
- Guide to the Empire: Get a 112-page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including its people, provinces, and much more.
- Making of Oblivion documentary: Watch a special behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.
- Septim Gold Coin: Pocket an authentic replicated Septim, the official currency of Tamriel.