Bethesda and Arkane Release Redfall Story Trailer - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 16 March 2023 / 1,507 Views
Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer Arkane Studios Austin has released the story trailer for Redfall.
"What is happening in Redfall? Where did the vampires come from? Uncover the mysteries of Redfall as you explore the island," reads the description to the video. "Delve into the dark history of the sinister company that created the monsters stalking the streets and face off against the terrifyingly powerful vampires that some survivors worship as gods."
The description added, "There’s a lot more to the charming island of Redfall than meets the eye.The scientists at Aevum HQ have been working on something world-shattering. People are going missing; there are dead bodies and blood everywhere; the sun has been eclipsed; and vampires rule the town. Were the vampires just an experiment gone horribly wrong or something far more disturbing? Who are the vampire gods? The only thing to know for sure is that everything is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better."
View the story trailer below:
Read details on the game below:
Redfall is an open-world, co-op first-person shooter from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored. Continuing Arkane’s legacy of carefully crafted worlds and immersive sims, Redfall brings the studio’s signature gameplay to this story-driven action shooter.
Uncover the Truth, Take Back Redfall
The island town of Redfall, Massachusetts, is under siege by a legion of vampires who have blocked out the sun and cut the citizens off from the outside world. Explore the open world and immerse yourself in a deep story campaign as you unravel the mystery behind the vampires’ appearance. Ally with a handful of survivors against the creatures threatening to bleed the town dry.
- Slay Alone or Squad Up – Redfall blends single-player and multiplayer options seamlessly, allowing the player to venture into the darkness alone or to squad-up for up to four player co-op. Teammates can try different hero loadouts and combine their strengths to find creative solutions to the vampire apocalypse. You will collect an arsenal of specialized weaponry and customize your character with unique upgrades and abilities to suit your playstyle for guns blazing, stealth combat, and everything in-between.
- Unconventional Heroes vs. the Night – Created by science experiments gone wrong and gifted with psychic abilities, Redfall‘s vampires will challenge you and your squad to get creative. You will choose from a team of diverse heroes – each with their own character-specific abilities—to overcome the vampire legion and their brood of maniacal followers.
- Devinder Crousley – A cryptozoologist and aspiring inventor. Armed with weapons of his own creation, he’s on a mission to prove himself.
- Layla Ellison – A biomedical engineering student who interned at a research facility, where something went very wrong, leaving her with intense telekinetic abilities.
- Remi de la Rosa – A brilliant combat engineer who has spent her life on the frontlines. With the help of her robot cohort, Bribón, she’s determined to help rescue Redfall’s survivors.
- Jacob Boyer – An ex-military sharpshooter turned private contractor. Strange happenings on Redfall have left Jacob with a mysterious vampiric eye and a spectral raven that’s never far from his side.
- The Open World of Redfall – Redfall is a true Arkane experience set in a rich world that blends the familiar with the extraordinary. Redfall‘s open world is handcrafted by the master level designers behind Prey‘s Talos I space station and Dishonored‘s Dunwall. From the town’s once-bustling downtown and the haunted forest to the decimated seaside boardwalk and beyond, you will fight through cultist outposts and supernatural psychic spaces as you piece together Redfall’s many mysteries.
Redfall will launch for the Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Xbox Game Pass on May 2.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012 and taking over the hardware estimates in 2017. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel. You can contact the author on Twitter @TrunksWD.
My friends and I have been looking for a new co-op shooter so I really hope that this game can live up to its potential.