Resident Evil 3 Debuts in 2nd on the Japanese Charts, Switch Sells 154,640 Units - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 08 April 2020 / 3,478 Views
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) has remained in first on the retail charts in Japan in its third week with sales of 423,367 , according to Famitsu for the week ending April 5. The game has now sold 3,031,784 units at retail in Japan.
Resident Evil 3 (PS4) debuted in second place with sales of 189,490 units.
Eight of the top 10 games are for the Nintendo Switch and two are for the PlayStation 4.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 154,640 units sold. The PlayStation 4 sold 19,535 units, the 3DS sold 1,230 units, and the Xbox One sold 51 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 423,367 (3,031,784)
- [PS4] Resident Evil 3 (Z Version Included) (Capcom, 04/03/20) – 189,490 (New)
- [PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Bandai Namco, 03/26/20) – 18,333 (94,331)
- [NSW] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Bandai Namco, 03/26/20) – 17,340 (79,911)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 14,171 (2,855,101)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 12,257 (3,635,531)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 11,017 (3,553,541)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 9,045 (1,340,884)
- [NSW] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (Nintendo, 03/06/20) – 8,556 (226,950)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 8,496 (753,623)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.