Nintendo Switch Outsells Xbox One Worldwide - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 02 April 2020 / 39,897 Views
The Nintendo Switch sold 1,149,723 units for the week ending December 7, 2019 to bring its lifetime sales to 45.92 million units worldwide. This compares to the Xbox One with sales of 45.24 million units.
The Switch launched worldwide about three years and four months after the Xbox One. The Switch launched worldwide on March 3, 2017, while the Xbox One launched on November 22, 2013 in the west and September 4, 2014 in Japan.
Up next for the Nintendo Switch to surpass is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) with lifetime sales of 49.10 million units. The Switch is a little over three million units away from outselling the SNES.
Here is a list of the top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games, according to Nintendo's shipment figures through September 30, 2019:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 14.54 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.28 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.28 million
- Super Mario Party – 7.59 million
- Pokemon Sword / Shield - 6 million*
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93 million
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.