Super Mario Maker 2 Debuts at the Top of the Japanese Charts - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 03 July 2019 / 3,241 Views
Super Mario Maker 2 (NS) has debuted at the top of the Japanese charts with sales of 196,153 units, according to Famitsu for the week ending June 30.
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu (NS) debuted in second with sales of 75,505 units. Samurai Shodown (PS4) debuted in fourth wit sales of 16,662 units. KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! Labyrinth of Hope and the Gathering of Adventurers! (PS4) debuted in sixth with sales of 8,856 units.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with sales 59,184 units. The PlayStation 4 sold 18,773 units, the 3DS sold 2,713 units. The Xbox One sold 178 units and the PlayStation Vita sold 115 units.
Here is the complete top 10 chart:
- [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo, 06/28/19) – 196,153 (New)
- [NSW] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu (Konami, 06/27/19) – 75,505 (New)
- [NSW] Yo-kai Watch 4: We’re Looking Up at the Same Sky (Level-5, 06/20/19) – 40,376 (191,097)
- [PS4] Samurai Shodown (SNK, 06/27/19) – 16,662 (New)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) -10,161 (3,140,500)
- [PS4] KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! Labyrinth of Hope and the Gathering of Adventurers! (Entergram, 06/27/19) – 8,856 (New)
- [NSW] Doraemon Story of Seasons (Bandai Namco, 06/13/19) – 8,749 (65,544)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 8,108 (2,348,789)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 7,795 (830,685)
- [NSW] Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee! (Bundle Editions Included) (Nintendo, 11/16/18) – 7,781 (1,565,955)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.