Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion brings 5 new civilisations in the AoE world, among them, Mayas and Aztecs. New technologies, new combat units and unique gameplay with the Aztecs and Mayas (no horse), new campaigns made their appearance. The Conquerors is the add-on of the real-time strategy game Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, still developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Games Studio.
- 5 new civilizations like Huns, Aztecs, Koreans, Spanish and Mayans adding to the 13 already present in AoE II: Age of Kings
- 4 new campaigns focused on such heroes like El Cid or Attila
- 11 new units like Turtle Boat or Hussar Calvary unit without forgetting the unique unit for the new civilizations: Aztec Jaguar Man, Mayan Plumed Archer, Spanish Conquistador and Hun Tarkan.
- 26 new technologies and among them, the unique technologie specific to each civilization
- New maps type like dense forest in Yucatan or Ghost Frozen lake
- Improvement for farms: they reimplant automatically
- Units can be in garnison into siege units for more efficience Note for editors: the ancient feature is concerning another game than AoE II: The conquerors
Min System Requirements:
- Full version of Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings.
- Multimedia PC with Pentium 166MHz or higher processor.
- OS: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT worstation version 4.0 with Service Pack 5, or Windows 2000 Professional
- 32 MB of RAM for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME; 64 MB for Windows NT or Windows 2000
- 100 MB of hard disk space for a typical install (in addition to the original Age of Empires II required disk space); additional 100 MB of hard disk space for swap file.
- Super VGA monitor supporting 800x600 resolution.
- Local bus video card that supports 800x600, 256 color resolution and 2 MB of VRAM.
- Quad-speed CD-ROM drive.
- Mouse required
- 28.8Kbps modem (or higher recommended) for internet or head-to-head play.
- Internet access required for internet play.