America - Front
America - Back
Engage in action packed air-to-air and air-to-ground combat with enemy aircraft, battleships, and turrets as you battle for control of island strongholds!
Visit our website for an exciting gameplay video!
With an armada of customizable combat aircraft at your disposal, you are challenged to explore and conquer the fully 3D, open-world environments of Above & Beyond Air Combat.
::: Features Summary :::
• Explore and conquer over 60 islands in a fully 3D, open-world environment.
• Customize 12 advanced combat aircraft
• Upgrade your aircraft with over 15 different weapons and numerous thrusters, shields, and other enhancements.
• Engage in 3 unique battle modes: Gauntlet, Survival, and Conquest.
• Share Highscores and Achievements via the fully integrated OpenFeint 2.1 service.
• Enjoy *your* music with in-game music library integration.
• Several options to calibrate and tune controls to your personal preference
• Initial loading times are very quick, and there are rarely any loading times during gameplay
::: Details :::
Customization is a core aspect of Above & Beyond Air Combat, each aircraft has not only unique stats, but a unique set of equipment sockets. Each socket is then filled by a weapon, thruster, or upgrade which are acquired with credits earned during all 3 battle modes. Weapons include: machine guns, lasers, flak cannons, missiles, ray guns, bombs , and more.
The world contains over 60 islands which are divided into several diverse regions - ranging from tropical to volcanic, to glacier ice, to desert. Each island is unique and can be traveled to seamlessly (without load times), so if you're a fan of exploration, you will definitely enjoy Above & Beyond.
Along with the primary Conquest mode, Above & Beyond Air Combat also features two arcade modes: Gauntlet and Survival. Gauntlet is a time trial race in which obstacles, targets, and bonus rings are placed throughout the track. A Gauntlet track will often feature tight canyons, sharp turns, and fast straightaways. In Survival, you will be pitted against a never-ending onslaught of enemy targets. Using your own customized aircraft, you must survive as many waves as possible for the highest score.
|Release Date Added to Database||pbroy||30th Dec 2009|
|Boxart Added||dsister44||04th Dec 2009|
|Game Added to Database||Strategyking92||18th Oct 2009|