NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal will grace the cover of NBA Inside Drive 2004, the exclusive Xbox basketball title from Microsoft Game Studios and a featured game in the XSN Sports brand.
NBA Inside Drive, with its fluid gameplay and lifelike player models (decked out in tattoos and
cornrows), is taking its game online with the help of Xbox Live®. Utilizing revolutionary new Web-based technology exclusive to XSN Sports, basketball gamers and sports fans can easily organize teams, leagues, and schedules from a centralized Web site, XSNsports.com, which pulls the information from Xbox Live. New "jukes" and post moves will be "breaking ankles" all over the court, and a revamped defensive game will be shutting down high-scoring teams and making them run home to their mamas.
With thumpin' hip-hop beats, online play, and innovative commentary, NBA Inside Drive 2004 has the best on-court and online competition.
"Taking control under the basket never felt this good."
- PLAY Magazine, December 2003
- XSN Sports: XSN Sports is the umbrella brand for Xbox® First Party sports games and the first gaming network on Xbox Live. For the first time ever, you are connected to real people in real leagues with real rivalries. XSN Sports is the breakthrough that sports fans have been waiting for.
- XSNSports.com: XSNsports.com is the Web-based service that links your Xbox, Xbox Live, PC, and cell phone together for the first time ever. NBA Inside Drive 2004 fans will now be able to organize their own teams, leagues, and schedules from a centralized Web site, and XboxLive will automatically broadcast up-to-date scores, standings, stats, and trade proposals to any Web-based device.
- Xbox Live: NBA Inside Drive 2004 will debut a new online basketball universe for the true hoops fan. NBA Inside Drive 2004 will provide head-to-head play, roster updates, and player rating updates. Multiple leader boards will let gamers with different levels of experience compete online, and a new ranking system will give players more ways to track their dominance.
The Big Guy Takes Over
- Shaq joins the team: Three-time NBA champ Shaquille O'Neal joins the Inside Drive family as cover athlete and spokesperson
- Offensive gameplay: NBA Inside Drive 2004 will offer hoopsters more responsive "juke" controls. for jaw-dropping one-on-one isolation moves. For gamers who prefer more of a team effort, NBA Inside Drive 2004 features an improved passing scheme, to let them control the pace of the game and create their own "give and gos."
- Defensive adjustments: The defense will be bolstered by revolutionary defensive controls that deliver a new level of intensity to stealing and blocking and allow gamers to play their own style of hoops.
- The announcers: Kenny Smith, Kevin Calabro, and Marques Johnson return to call all the exciting NBA action and will provide their unique mix of catchphrases and insightful commentary.
- The Vision: NBA Inside Drive 2004 debuts the all-new Drive Cam, a camera angle that brings the player closer to the action.
- The Dynasty: Gamers can play up to 25 NBA seasons with full general management capabilities, including the ability to make unbalanced trades, conduct a rookie draft, and trade draft picks to build the ultimate NBA team.
- The Players: The already lifelike player models in Inside Drive now have characteristics that are even more realistic, including headbands, tattoos, and hairstyles.
- The Sound: Experience the sounds of the NBA game, from sneaker squeaking to arena noise, with Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound.