Pilot the most powerful weapon of the 31st century, a 40-foot tall walking tank called a BattleMech. MechAssault is a 3rd-person action/shooter, where environments are not only fully destructible, they're your weapons. Get prepared for the ultimate multiplayer online experience.
- Massive destruction on a whole new level.Every structure, bridge, tower and bus in MechAssault is fully destructible. Players can blow away everything in the world bit by bit. Blasting the side of a building exposes rebar, hanging insulation and even enemy snipers! Players even can use the environment against their foes. If they're running low on ammo, they can drop a 20-story building on the infantry and save the firepower for the big guys.
- A powerful array of devastating walking tanks.To pilot the most awesome piece of military machinery ever created, players choose from unique and formidable BattleMechs, each with enough firepower to level a city — literally.
- Online, system-link and split-screen multiplay. MechAssault will ship with complete Xbox online and split-screen multiplay capabilities, so gamers can battle friends or enemies over the Internet, taunting the competition or strategizing with a teammate using full voice communication.
- Mid-mission 'Mech upgrades. Premission BattleMech choice and mid-mission weapon upgrades allow players to customize the 'Mech chassis to suit their style or mood. They can upgrade weapons, or maximize armor — the choice is theirs.
- Amazing special effects. Intense, jaw-dropping weapon and damage effects all but demand that the player fire a weapon just to see the effect on the environment. Lasers light up the sky, Particle Projection Cannons electrocute opponents, and magnetically accelerated slugs from the Gauss Rifle are a sight to behold.
- Dynamic mission-based gameplay. Gamers are given their military objectives by operatives on the ground and must figure out the best way to accomplish them. Players hit the ground running and enjoy the unexpected events turn routine missions into chaotic all-out frag fests.
- Epic BattleTech storyline. Engaging heroic characters and stories draw upon the rich 15-year BattleTech history. Gamers will play as a fierce Wolf Dragoon mercenary and lay the smackdown on some unsuspecting pirates.
- Downloadable Content. MechAssault is an evolving product. Gamers will be rewarded with new upgrades such as multiplayer maps, new 'Mechs and multiplayer modes. The Xboxes built-in hard drive allows for game upgrades not available on any other console.
- Cinematic storytelling. A mission-based storyline punctuated with cinematic scenes provides key game information and clues, and heightens the drama and importance of events.
- Awesome audio. MechAssault features extensive voice messaging and themed interactive music changes that reflect and drive the pace of the current in-game situation, as well as audio that reflects the current and constantly changing state of events. The audio experience is heightened by the use of Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.