By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splatoon 3 sold 3.45m during its first 3 days in Japan alone. Global lifetime sales expectations?

Splatoon 3 sold 3.45m during its first 3 days in Japan alone. Global lifetime sales expectations?

Less than 8 million 38 6.05%

8.0 - 9.4 million 27 4.30%

9.5 - 10.9 million 39 6.21%

11.0 - 12.4 million 41 6.53%

12.5 - 13.9 million 52 8.28%

14.0 - 15.4 million 95 15.13%

15.5 - 16.9 million 91 14.49%

17.0 - 18.4 million 56 8.92%

18.5 - 20.0 million 46 7.32%

More than 20 million 143 22.77%

Total:628

17mil is possible I think. 15mil minimum.

Around the Network

Damn 3.45mil is crazy insane. Splatoon 3 might dominate Japan for a long while and maybe become the best selling switch game over there.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Dangit I thought the poll was Japan lifetime sales, so I put less than 8 million haha.
Globally I think it'll pass Splatoon 2, which itself should eventually creep past 15m. So I'll say 15.5 - 16.9m.

Obviously, Splatoon 3 is going to see significant growth in Japan. The real question at this point is how much, if any, of that will translate to worldwide growth. I personally think Splatoon 3 is going to grow somewhat worldwide too. I voted 18.5-20m for sales.

Meh still think it’ll be about the same as the previous game. Perhaps a wee bit more. Splatoon hasn’t really proven itself to be an evergreen on the level of the top Switch games so I’m assuming this one as well to be mildly frontloaded.

Bonus: I’ve never played any Splatoon.

Around the Network

I'm going with 17-18 as its still a bit early, want to see its legs but wouldnt put 20+ our of the question.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Strange they haven't updated or shared the sales numbers for other regions (I think... maybe they don't normally update until it hits 10 million?). I wonder how it did in the U.S. and Europe. I know one person IRL who bought it besides me and know around 10 people with a switch.

Anyway, I voted for 14-15.4 million because I expect the legs to be cut short by a new system announcement next year, to be released in 2024.

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

I've been underpredicting everything Nintendo related since I signed up, and I've been wrong every time.
so I am going to go with a very optimistic 22 million this time.

Kneetos said:

I've been underpredicting everything Nintendo related since I signed up, and I've been wrong every time.
so I am going to go with a very optimistic 22 million this time.

I want to see this being an underprediction.