By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will GTA V be ported to the PS5/XBox SX?

Tagged games:

Will GTA V be ported to the PS5/XBox SX?

Yes, they won't let the o... 17 89.47%

No, they will finally lea... 2 10.53%

Total:19

Considering GTA V is still in the top ten of the best sellers in many regions and that T2 is still making a killing from it, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to re-re-release it for the next gen. However, the PS5 and the XBox S/X are backwards compatible, so pretty much everyone can just take their copy and play it, and also how much better can it play/run/look in comparison to the older versions?

Will we see GTA V ported/remastered to PS5 and the XBox S/X? Or will they let the PS4/XBOne versions be the ones playable on the PS5 and the XBox S/X?

Bonus question: Will we see the PS5 and the XBox S/X versions release before a Switch version?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

It already is being "remastered"

Supposed to come out this year

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well, that didn't take long. :/

Yeah, that was the first thing announced in the PS5 reveal video.

KLXVER said:

Yeah, that was the first thing announced in the PS5 reveal video.

Captain_Yuri said:

It already is being "remastered"

Supposed to come out this year

At this point I guess the question is more when will they stop porting this game and make the next one.

Also, it's going to be interesting if the Switch comes and goes and never ends up gettin GTA V. Considering how much they love to triple-dip with this game, ignoring a portable version would be weird.

Around the Network

Since they announced a PS5 port there will be a XBS port too. Now we all don't know if a Switch port will happen.

Now think about this. Best selling PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and Xbox One games are all GTA 5. Any bets it will be the same for PS5 and XBS? Now this will only happen if there's no GTA 6. If GTA 6 happens then that will be the best seller on both platforms.

Sogreblute said:

Since they announced a PS5 port there will be a XBS port too. Now we all don't know if a Switch port will happen.

Now think about this. Best selling PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and Xbox One games are all GTA 5. Any bets it will be the same for PS5 and XBS? Now this will only happen if there's no GTA 6. If GTA 6 happens then that will be the best seller on both platforms.

It will hace to contend with Minecraft for that title, though.

Darwinianevolution said:

At this point I guess the question is more when will they stop porting this game and make the next one.

They'll keep porting it and making new ones as often as Capcom does with Resident Evil 4.  So expect a mobile and VR version of GTA V coming soon

The fact that this was not ported to the Switch boggles my mind. I mean back in the days Liberty City Stories did like 6 million on the PSP alone, doubt this game could not push 8-10 million on the Switch even if only the single-player is offered. Just give this game to a smaller outside studio to port it and take the money.

Edit: this is not port begging. I have the game both on PC and PS4 and barely played it as it is not my cup of tea. I just wrote it as a #commonsense stuff.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

V-r0cK said:
Darwinianevolution said:

They'll keep porting it and making new ones as often as Capcom does with Resident Evil 4.  So expect a mobile and VR version of GTA V coming soon

I imagine that, if there were more VR users, they would've made that VR version, even if it was just the exact same game but with the 1st person mode on VR.

hunter_alien said:

The fact that this was not ported to the Switch boggles my mind. I mean back in the days Liberty City Stories did like 6 million on the PSP alone, doubt this game could not push 8-10 million on the Switch even if only the single-player is offered. Just give this game to a smaller outside studio to port it and take the money.

Edit: this is not port begging. I have the game both on PC and PS4 and barely played it as it is not my cup of tea. I just wrote it as a #commonsense stuff.

There are many common sense multiplats that the Switch isn't getting (CoD, GTA V, most EA Sports...), and I think the problem lies with the weight of microtransactions on paid games. Free to play games seem to be available with little to no problem, and non-online games end up coming as well if the power allows. Paid games with heavy emphasis onmicrotransactions seem to be the ones that aren't coming. Maybe it's just me, but that's the impression I get.

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 24 April 2021