By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Athia is a PS5 console exclusive (Will come out on PC day 1 but on other platforms in 24 months)

Tagged games:

Which platform will you be getting Project Athia on?

Playstation 5 35 59.32%

PC 13 22.03%

Waiting for other platforms 11 18.64%

Total:59

I first need to see the real gameplay of what this game is all about before even thinking of buying it on any platform. But if it's gonna be interesting, I'll probably get it on PS5 (If I'll have one by the time it releases) or on PC (which is more likely at the moment).

Around the Network

Forgot it exists. Looks meh. FFXV was trash and don't have much faith in this from what they have shown so far.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

That is a massive exclusivity time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't know about this, i would rather wait for 24 months until the Xbox users get their hands on then i'll get it for the PS5 for discounted.

It could be unfinished or unoptimized or uninteresting just like Godfall from what i learned, don't give me excuse like "OH BUT THIS IS SQUARE-ENIX THEY MAKE BETTER JRPG GAMES" *shuts your mouth with my smelly finger* Shhhh....

This is just my worry.

BasilZero said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I first need to see the real gameplay of what this game is all about before even thinking of buying it on any platform. But if it's gonna be interesting, I'll probably get it on PS5 (If I'll have one by the time it releases) or on PC (which is more likely at the moment).

The design will likely be similar to FFXV if I remember right, it uses the same engine and I think the same team (minus the director) will be working on it.

I'll probably end up getting it on PS5 before I eventually get it down the line on PC. SE games tend to sell for cheaper on Playstation consoles within a year.

I've pretty much have almost every Japanese designed SE title on both PS4 and PC so I can see it repeating again this gen.

I would rather prefer to play it on Xbox but 24-month exclusivity period seems like an eternity, so looks like will have to go with PC instead. Also, way more interested in FFXVI than Project Athia to be honest.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I don't know about this, i would rather wait for 24 months until the Xbox users get their hands on then i'll get it for the PS5 for discounted.

It could be unfinished or unoptimized or uninteresting just like Godfall from what i learned, don't give me excuse like "OH BUT THIS IS SQUARE-ENIX THEY MAKE BETTER JRPG GAMES" *shuts your mouth with my smelly finger* Shhhh....

This is just my worry.

Yeah, considering how FFXV constantly got updates almost every month slowly improving the game, that could be a possibility but at the same time , there's a chance that the team that developed FFXV will actually have a better understanding on what to do this time around.

Boy..For this FFXV game i actually held it for almost four years until the arrival of next gen consoles which i got Series X and bought it FFXV last month.

It loads fast and 60fps steady, mmm yeah, worth the wait.

QUAKECore89 said:
BasilZero said:

Yeah, considering how FFXV constantly got updates almost every month slowly improving the game, that could be a possibility but at the same time , there's a chance that the team that developed FFXV will actually have a better understanding on what to do this time around.

Boy..For this FFXV game i actually held it for almost four years until the arrival of next gen consoles which i got Series X and bought it FFXV last month.

Beaten it at launch on VCR Xbone. The 2 minute loading screens were awful and the game was in 720p 30fps I believe. Still enjoyed it. And contrary to the popular opinion, it was a good game, for me at least.

BasilZero said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I would rather prefer to play it on Xbox but 24-month exclusivity period seems like an eternity, so looks like will have to go with PC instead. Also, way more interested in FFXVI than Project Athia to be honest.

Yep, I agree - FFXVI is way up on my priority list than Project Athia.

QUAKECore89 said:

I bought the PS4 version a month after its release for $40.

It was money well spent imo - I clocked 85 hours on the base game.

I bought the Season pass when it was $7 a few months back alongside Episode Ardyn when it was $5.

Planning to play them soon after I finish what I am playing on PS4 right now.

I also bought FFXV Ardyn Complete Edition on PC for $18 - I'll get to that sometime in the future.

derpysquirtle64 said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Beaten it at launch on VCR Xbone. The 2 minute loading screens were awful and the game was in 720p 30fps I believe. Still enjoyed it. And contrary to the popular opinion, it was a good game, for me at least.

I will play FFXV whenever i could, i've heard it's highly positive from the Steam.

Playstation being very agressive with time exclusives. I think we are going to see more games doing something similar (especialy now that xbox have Zenimax). If Playstation manages to secure a good advantage on sales they are going to be in a good place to make some good deals.

By the time this comes out, I should have a PS5 of my own (pending on GoW5). So this means nothing to me, provided it even ends up being a game I want to play.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261