By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

It's notably better than before 98 11.06%

It's slightly better than before 237 26.75%

It's about the same as before 80 9.03%

It's slightly worse than before 192 21.67%

It's notably worse than before 257 29.01%

Didn't even notice a change 22 2.48%

Total:886

The moderator thread or the option to call someone a troll when that person is trolling

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Love it. My favorite feature is that now I can actually choose consoles older than the N64 to filter games in my collection. The site loads slower for me, but its not that bad.

As long as the site needs a minute or more to load, I am not really noticing any impact of the changes on my life. I hope the issue is soon fixed, so that I can actually notice all the changes.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I might like. I don't really know yet.

Can hardly load the pages on my 1000/1000 Mbit/s.

I could do without the avatars for the forum index and the big flags for the hardware regions on the home page, there's some good stuff some not-so-good stuff, overal about the same. Doesn't really matter to me either way though. The site is however noticeably slower.

Around the Network

I love the new stuff here...in theory! I say in theory because it's proven very impractical to try and take advantage of them. Let me put it this way: it took me over five minutes this morning to get from typing "vgchartz.com" into the URL to this page typing out this reply and it's the only thing I clicked on in the interim and I'm using high-end cable internet access on my home computer. And it will probably take over a minute for it actually post after I click on the "Post Quick Reply" button, giving entirely new meaning to the term "quick". The load times I'm experiencing feel like a reversion back to dial-up internet access. Something's got to be done about that. Seriously, this is really bad here on my end. I don't know if others are experiencing comparable difficulties with site access, but for me this has become a royal pain in the ass since the update.

The only new feature I noticed is dark mode and I'm thankful for it.

Still waiting for the removal of hot topics as my most requested feature.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm also sporting the dark theme, shame it isn't on by default.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I find the front page more colourful and not ugly, but messier and with the sections less well defined.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Now I am not a person that prefers the old design just because I got used to it for so long, so I tried to give this redesign a really fair chance, but I am sorry to say that it got worse. I can see many good intentions but the overall look and feel is too complicated and "unclean", so to speak. Too many pictures on the front page and the loading times are terrible.