By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the (soon) current consoles do you intend to own by the end of 2020?

Which of the (soon) current consoles do you intend to own by the end of 2020?

Only Switch 553 36.29%

Only PlayStation 5 350 22.97%

Only Xbox Series X|S 97 6.36%

Switch + PS5 215 14.11%

Switch + XSX|S 82 5.38%

PS5 + XSX|S 18 1.18%

All three of them 49 3.22%

None of them 160 10.50%

Total:1,524

Tempted by Xbox Series X via All Access, but I think there is no one title that I'm super keen to play on the system so I will probably go for PS5 and enjoy my backglogue upgraded (I've yet to pick Ghost of Tsushima, so its first on the list). There's also demand for 2 playstations or remote play in my house but sony hasn't got a modern solution  since PSTV was dicontinued, so might as well get a PS5 which'll do the job. 3rd party wise I'll be paying close attention to Cyberpunk and Immortals, but I think my money will more likely be spent on old Switch games I haven't got round to buying (Splatoon 2, Luig's Mansion 3, Pokemon Shield/Sword)

There's no must haver ps5 titles for me outside of Astrobot (Will probably get Sackboy too) so I'm not going to go to go to any crazy lengths to pick one up, but I'll just see if Im lucky at some point in Nov/Dec. 

Last edited by Otter - on 02 November 2020

Around the Network

Only Switch.

The next gen doesn’t offer anything of interest to me yet. We’ll see if one ever will.

Bonus: Then obviously not, but I haven’t done that with any console ever beside WiiU of all things for some reason.

Switch only, might even buy the revision model next year.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

The Switch

Getting both xbox and PS5 in the next few weeks, stock permitted

Obviously already own a Switch

Around the Network

Only Switch. For a brief moment I was tempted by the Xbox Series S due to it's price but I'm not sure I want to be stuck with a console that's digital only. And for the same reason the discless PS5 isn't an option for me either, which leaves the "standard" models and they're both too pricey for me.

I just own the Switch. Switch and PC is the way to go. I have no intention of ever buying the new Xbox or Playstation.

Only Switch. These are difficult times for my economy. The last videogame I purchased was Xenoblade Definitive Edition back on May. And I don't know when I'll be able to get the next one. So a new console it's out of the question for now.

If things improve in the future, I would like to get a Series S. I play on a Full HD TV, so 4K is meaningless to me. Being 200 euros cheaper, being compatible with every game Series X gets and with access to Game Pass... it would be a no brainer. Besides, most of the titles I look forward from PS5 will be available on my PS4 Pro. So... Yeah.

forest-spirit said:
Only Switch. For a brief moment I was tempted by the Xbox Series S due to it's price but I'm not sure I want to be stuck with a console that's digital only. And for the same reason the discless PS5 isn't an option for me either, which leaves the "standard" models and they're both too pricey for me.

Is All Access not available in your country? $35  a month for Xbox Gamepass + Xbox Series X. Two year contract.

Brought a switch for my 6 year old daughter and I have a ps5 preordered. So, Switch/ps5

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website