By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official VGChartz Smash Ultimate Tournament Round 1!

Tagged games:

Welcome to the Official VGChartz Smash Tournament! The winner will win the prestigious prize of bragging rights and a $5 eShop certificate! The stakes don't get much higher than this folks! Whether you're involved or just want to cheer on your favorite user, this is the place!

Logistic Rules

These are the rules relating to the organization of the tournament, not in game rules.

1. Bracket will be posted at the beginning of each round. Each round lasts 3 days.

2. Players in the tournament will find some time within that 3 day period to have a match (Ending for this round at 11:59PM EST on October 14th). Both players must give a reasonable time frame during which they are available. If a player does not present reasonable availability options, then they will forfeit the match.

3. The tournament is double elimination format. Winners of matches move on in winner's bracket, losers go to losers bracket. The winners of the two brackets will play each other in grand finals. If the player coming from Winners wins, then its over. If the player from Losers wins, then one last set will be played.

4. Each round is best of three games, except for grand finals, which will be best of 5. 

5. I think it would be cool if videos were posted. So if you could make that happen, that'd be awesome! Keep in mind replays not converted to video by the 13th will be unwatchable. 

6. Players are expected to follow all general forum rules. Also, they are expected to generally be good sports. Failure to do so may result in ban from future tournaments if any are held.

7. All communication should be in thread, so that any disputes can be handled. 

8. Seeding was chosen with a random number generator.

In Game Rules

1. 3 Stock, 8 minute time limit, no items, no final smash meter. If players have the same amount of stock left at the end of 8 minutes, the winner is the player with the lower damage percentage. If % is equal, sudden death will be played as normal.

2. Stages are Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Town and City or any Omega. Hazards off.

3. First round will be played on whatever stage the two players agree upon. If they can't reach an agreement, they will play on Small Battlefield.

4. Steve from Minecraft is banned. Any other DLC fighter is fair game.

5. If you are using a Mii Fighter, you must inform your opponent of what moves you have selected. 

6. Winner of a match chooses the same fighter for the next one. 

Winners Bracket

Round 1                                                   Round 2

RobX(1)

vs         ------------------------------------------  Rob X (1)

TruckO (8)

________________________________             vs

SanAndreaX (2) (1368-5461-1518)

vs       -------------------------------------------  Super Mario 28 (7)

SuperMario28(7) (4262-2718-3900)

UltraShroomz (3) (0731-6937-5596)

vs     -------------------------------------------- mZuzek (6)

mZuzek (6) (5758-2421-1219)

_______________________________            vs.     

JWeincom (4) (3347-1672-8217)

vs     ------------------------------------------- JWeincom (4)

GoOnKid (5)

Loser's Bracket

SanAndreasX (2)

vs

TruckOSaurus (8)

UltraShroomz (3)

vs

GoOnKid (5)

Round 1 Videos

JWeincom (Pokemon Trainer) vs GoOnKid (Samus)

mZuzek (Ridley) vs UltraShroomz (Joker/Bowser)

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 15 October 2020

Around the Network

@GoOnKid 

Generally anytime after 4 EST is good for me. 

@mZuzek @Supermario28 @Ultrashroomz @SanAndreasX 

Figure out what time works for you guys.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 12 October 2020

mZuzek said:

Hello

4. Each round is best of three games, except for grand finals, which will be best of 5. 

Is this still up for discussion? I think we could just do best of 5 in every round, given that they're so spaced out. No need to keep matches short if we got 3 days to play each of them.

If both players agree to best of 5, prior to the set being started, then they can do best of 5. If the players cannot agree, then the default will be best of 3. 

JWeinCom said:

@GoOnKid 

Okay, how about today at 4.30 EST? My Switch name is Peter, by the way, sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

How can we set up the match, I'm not very familiar with the online structure.

JWeinCom said:

@GoOnKid 

Thanks for the organization @JWeinCom !

@SanAndreasX I live in Switzerland which in the GMT+2 Time Zone. It's now almost 10 a.m. here.

Generally available after 7pm in my Time zone, don't know what time that would be for you

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
JWeinCom said:

@GoOnKid 

Okay, how about today at 4.30 EST? My Switch name is Peter, by the way, sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

That works. I'll set up a battle arena and give you the id, then you can look it up.

JWeinCom said:
GoOnKid said:

That works. I'll set up a battle arena and give you the id, then you can look it up.

Alright awesome. Unfortunately I mixed up the time zones and since we are seven hours apart, your 4pm is late night here. My bad. You probably can't play during the day, can you? Maybe we could set it up for the weekend if that's not too late?

GoOnKid said:
JWeinCom said:

Alright awesome. Unfortunately I mixed up the time zones and since we are seven hours apart, your 4pm is late night here. My bad. You probably can't play during the day, can you? Maybe we could set it up for the weekend if that's not too late?

We have till Wednesday. If we did like a week this thing would take like two months.

On Wednesday my schedule is pretty open. I could play at like 1:00PM Wednesday EST, which I believe would be 8:00PM your time. Does that work? 

JWeinCom said:
GoOnKid said:

We have till Wednesday. If we did like a week this thing would take like two months.

On Wednesday my schedule is pretty open. I could play at like 1:00PM Wednesday EST, which I believe would be 8:00PM your time. Does that work? 

Yes that's fine. So it's settled then. Thanks a lot, I am looking forward to it!

BraLoD said:
Might wanna add Smash to the title.

Well you might want to SHUT UP! HMPH!

Seriously though, thanks for the catch.