By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How you goinng to Cyberpunk in 2077?

Tagged games:

How will your Cyber Punk in 2077?!

Buy at launch and then ge... 11 50.00%

Buy at launch, don't care... 0 0%

Won't buy until they're i... 3 13.64%

Won't buy until they rele... 1 4.55%

Won't buy unless the rele... 1 4.55%

What is a cyberpunk? What are video games? 6 27.27%

Total:22

So i was thinking about what games to preorder with my Ps5, and since I still don't know what Godfall is, Ratchet hasn't got a release date and Squadron won't be upgraded I thought, what about Cyberpunk!

Release date is the same date as Ps5 launch and you get a free next gen update for £50 launch price. I thought hell, you got got MM extension at £52, this is a far better offer in every sense of the imagination.

However, I then read the next gen update won't come until early next year, until then we will have to play a current gen version. So my question is, when will you buy and why?

I'm torn between waiting until there is a next gen update even if I have to pay £10 extra, I will happily do it. 

Around the Network

You forgot to add "When they release a patch that enables disabling of nudity/sex and severe language" option. Another words, when they add the consumer friendly option to allow people to enjoy art the way they wish.

Movies have TV versions that are family friendly. Music has radio versions. Why can't video games have family friendly versions?

I'll still be playing day one with a second playthrough when the patch launches.

I'm coming from an Xbox One S so the jump to the Xbox One X version on Series X will still be very impressive.

Even if it's a dynamic 4k 30 or 60 fps on 1X, the Series X will just "'brute force"' it to native with a solid frame rate as we've seen in the previews thus far. I imagine the PS5 will also have the same ability to do so.

Already have it pre-ordered for PC and the Ray Tracing/etc should be ready by launch on PC so... As long as my 3080 arrives before, my lube is ready!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't support crunch culture. So interest is lost. I love Cyberpunk settings. I thought about getting this down the road when I had a PS5 but not anymore.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

You forgot to add "When they release a patch that enables disabling of nudity/sex and severe language" option. Another words, when they add the consumer friendly option to allow people to enjoy art the way they wish.

Movies have TV versions that are family friendly. Music has radio versions. Why can't video games have family friendly versions?

Sorry for the DP but that will never happen. It's a Cyberpunk setting. You don't have cyberpunk without sex, nudity, and swearing. Cyberpunk is a setting in a downfall of society that is more crass and degenerate. That's the entire point. It would make as much sense for a game like Dark Souls to remove the gore and violence.

on gamepass

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Buying day one on my Scorpio, will upgrade to XSX version whenever.

Is there word on whether the whole PS4 to PS5 save issue applies to this game? It would suck to have to start all over.

Leynos said:
I don't support crunch culture. So interest is lost. I love Cyberpunk settings. I thought about getting this down the road when I had a PS5 but not anymore.

Second hand not an option?

ironmanDX said:
Leynos said:

Second hand not an option?

It is. But by that point may just see if a used GOTY with everything on disc edition is avail.