By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So… is Ori on Switch a good or bad move from MS?

Tagged games:

Is that good or bad for MS?

good 52 76.47%

bad 5 7.35%

maybe not much effect 10 14.71%

could go either way 1 1.47%

Total:68

So, what do you think, is Microsofts move to put Ori on Switch a good move on their behalf, widening the appeal of their IP? Or is it a bad move, taking away focus from XBox?

Here is one take on Twitter:

What do you guys think?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

The vast majority of their lineup is not on Switch, like not even close. Them putting an artful, colorful side scroller, game on Switch isn't gonna hurt them at all.

I'm starting to think it's a strategy to get more people to consider getting the Xbox as their secondary console next generation compared to PlayStation

If I'm right in assuming you need to actually create an MS/Xbox account or have one already to play. Same goes for Minecraft dungeons I've been told... Not sure about Minecraft itself though or Cuphead.

LMAO, Ryuzaki57, the guy who said Bayonetta 3 being a Switch exclusive was "undemocratic" and "against the will of the people".

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 September 2020

There is a good chance that the CEO of Microsoft doesn't even know that game exists. So yeah, I'd consider that move inconsequential.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Now you've reached the point where you are just flatout trolling. Using a hot take from Ryuzaki57 to bolster your thread, tsk tsk.

Well, apparently there is the opinion that Ori on Switch is damaging MS (or is at least one of the signs of the problems). So I wanted to know if you guys agree or feel different. I actually only ask your opinion on this.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

curl-6 said:

LMAO, Ryuzaki57, the guy who said Bayonetta 3 being a Switch exclusive was "undemocratic" and "against the will of the people".

That is a factually correct statement. It is pretty stupid to say it like that but it's still correct.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ironmanDX said:
I'm starting to think it's a strategy to get more people to consider getting the Xbox as their secondary console next generation compared to PlayStation

If I'm right in assuming you need to actually create an MS/Xbox account or have one already to play. Same goes for Minecraft dungeons I've been told... Not sure about Minecraft itself though or Cuphead.

I think I remember you need an Xbox-account to play Minecraft online, but I could remember wrong or it changed since then.

RolStoppable said:
ironmanDX said:

Would be strange if you needed an Xbox account to play an offline game. But yes, if you want to use online functionality, you certainly have to have an Xbox account for Microsoft's games on Switch (Minecraft and its Dungeon spinoff).

As for an underlying strategy, it's very likely that there is one. Microsoft doesn't really lose a bad word about Nintendo and they seemingly enjoy being on good terms with Nintendo fans. At the same time though, I doubt that it will work. Nintendo fans will take the games, but won't buy another console. Pretty much in the same way that PC gamers will take Microsoft's games, but not buy an Xbox.

PC to Switch comparison doesn't fly. A small amount of MS games release on the Switch, basically all of them are on PC. I remember an article on here stating that some 60% or higher amount of Switch owners have another console. Though it's probably about a year old by now I'll search for it of you'd like.

Do saves also transfer? I wonder what online services you actually have access to...

I think it's their way to prepare for the cloud streaming future.

When they will luanch their "Stadia" like cloud platform Switch users are probably part of their target