By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2020 (Sept 07 - Sep 13)

Tagged games:

07./00. [PS4] Metal Max Xeno Reborn # (Kadokawa Games) {2020.09.10} (¥6.480) - 7.789 / NEW
08./00. [NSW] Metal Max Xeno Reborn # (Kadokawa Games) {2020.09.10} (¥6.480) - 7.277 / NEW

Ooof, maybe next week.

Animal Crossing holding this week, but RFA falling.

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8 sales are so underrated, I feel it will outsell Sword and Shield and Smash eventually and become the second best selling Switch game on JP

The calm before the storm!

Ouch at Avengers drop. Did a bit worse than expected in Japan. Maybe digital will help out here.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Another domination by the Switch! While the PS4 is just pure sadness. The only support Sony needs to give is to have more stock. Not crossgen.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Avengers is crashing and burning. In other news, another YoY win for Switch and still terrible sales for PS4.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Nothing too crazy this week except of course the fact that the Switch continues to sell in high 5 digits as normal now.
Wonder how much Switch will spike next week with Mario. Gotta figure Nintendo is gonna ship a lot of Switches.

I bet they'll release a Monster Hunter themed Switch next year. If Disney Tsum Tsum can get one you better believe Monster Hunter is getting one.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Rune Factory 5 pushed back to 2021.. a bit unfortunate for Marvelous

Anyhow, 2021 in Japan is shaping up to be another peak year. Also, Capcom will be the Top 3rd Party publisher on the Switch by the middle of 2021, from their current position outside of the Top 5. 

Marth said:

So for Switch momentum is not stopping in the slightest

Not only should shipments increase more and more we got:

Mario 3D AllStars

Fitness Boxing 2

Super Mario 3D World

Monster Hunter Rise

Monster Hunter Stories 2

Disgaea 6

Rune Factory 5

Honestly 2021 is probably going to blow away every other year software-wise for the Switch. Nintendo has said they have big plans for first party titles next year, 3rd parties are finally coming out with AAA games specifically for the Switch instead of old downgraded games, and Switch is finally getting new versions of Japanese-centric games. I don't think hardware sales could possibly top this year, but software should be insane and between that and the new model that could keep hardware in the 25 million range. MH Rise I assume will sell a few million in Japan alone, and could join the ranks of Smash, Pokemon, Splatoon, and Mario Kart on the system over 4+ million eventually.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Mario Kart 8 sales are so underrated, I feel it will outsell Sword and Shield and Smash eventually and become the second best selling Switch game on JP

Spoke to soon, MH will take that honor with 7mil sales

like I been saying all year, 2021 will peak and beat 2020 sales imo