By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 31, 2020 (Jul 27 - Aug 02)

Tagged games:

Paper Mario should cross the 200k next week, the goal being to beat Sticker Stars which sold 564k LTD

Around the Network

PS4 got some stock! Tripled the sales week on week, incredible.
Ring Fit is still damn strong whenever the stock is there.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Nice hold for Ghosts of Tsushima. Does it have a shot to become the top selling Western PS4 game?

I was expecting a bigger drop for Switch HW this week, 86k is great.

psychicscubadiver said:
Nice hold for Ghosts of Tsushima. Does it have a shot to become the top selling Western PS4 game?

I think it might already be? Knack is the best selling 1st party game but that was developed by Japan Studio. Don't think any western third party games are higher.

Edit: Maybe Minecraft. Don't know the numbers on PS4 for that.

Around the Network

Switch sales = 86,605
AC:NH + RFA sales = 93,947

Yeah, I think I know what is driving Switch sales right now.  The difference between those two numbers is 7,342 and those are probably the people who bought both AC and RFA.

RolStoppable said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

I think it might already be? Knack is the best selling 1st party game but that was developed by Japan Studio. Don't think any western third party games are higher.

GTA V should be above 500k, but it has been a long time since I've seen numbers for it.

Yea, after some googling it's definitely up there. Seems it had atleast 3 different version so is pretty hard to keep track of, but it's above 600k from what I can find.

Marth said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Knack was bundeled in the beginning.

Highest selling western game is GTA V (695k LTD) followed by Cod: Black Ops 4 (511k)

I'm aware that Knack was bundled, but that usually still counts towards sales.

I dismissed GTA V as an option because I remembered seeing a suprisingly low total a while back, but ofc that was just for one of several versions it has had, so my bad there. Famitsu doesn't make it easy to keep track of totals by splitting up new retail versions of the same game.

Smooth sailing for the Switch. PS4 does better than previous weeks but still terrible.

Signature goes here!

Another great week for Switch!

Pocky Lover Boy!