By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima: 2.4 million units sold through globally in its first 3 days of sales

Tagged games:

Damn... did way better than I was expecting. A new major IP was just born? Congrats SP, and congrats Sony for closing this generation with such a superb year of exclusives.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Great stuff. Looking forward to getting into the game again.

Wow!!

So glad for the success of this game, Sony and especially SuckerPunch since it’s the first game from them to break a record in its opening and will sell over 5 million copies (which is a first to them!) easily in a few months!

I expected the game will sell between 1,8-2,4 million in its first 3 days and thankfully it achieved the high end of what i expected!

Welcome to the Elite Sony 1st party club SuckerPunch.

What? I haven't saw this coming. These are huge sales even for established franchises, let alone a brand new IP

John2290 said:
Whoah, in three days it almost done what Horizon done in two weeks and very nearly Uncharted 4 in one week. MC really is pointless i guess and it's all down to marketing and word of mouth, It's time to stop putting MC score goals in devs contracts.

By MC you mean metacritic?

Metacritic is useful, 84 is also a good score. But it should never be involved in any contract, that's crazy. I thought that was something that was a last gen thing

Around the Network

I remember some of us estimating it wouldnt do much more than 2.5m lifetime haha (not me personally)

Theres a Ghost vs Paper Mario thread that's in need of a bump 

Deserves a lot more.
Game is so great cant stop playing!
Finally a open world japan.
Another 10mill seller easy.
Thank You sony for this amazing genn.
Goodbye see you next genn.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Stronger sales than I was expecting. What a strong one-two punch from Sony in back to back months to finish off the PS4 in style.

Actually Infamous SS sales were pretty strong for a launch window title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Great sales. Sucker Punch has always been great. I was sad that they took so long to release games on the PS4, but I sure am enjoying it now.

Best Sucker Punch game by a wide margin as far as im concerned.
Deserves all the praise and hopefully it'll continue to sell strong.