By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127

So the PS5 conference is done and dusted and people seem to be pretty happy with what they saw. Next month, Microsoft has their turn at bat. I'm sure they've learned a lot over the past 7 years and they don't want a repeat of the 8th generation. 

So, being as unbiased as you can be, what can Microsoft realistically do that will make you excited about their upcoming hardware as the 9th gen begins? What would make you say "Xbox Series X is better than PS5?"

Around the Network

Sony didn't show much bigger stuff from own studios so it shouldn't be that hard to have at least a show as good as that from Sony. Show a few bigger third party games and Halo, Forza+ one more first party game and you have shown already the same as Sony did.

Sony did also show the console the first time which MS can't do anymore but that shouldn't make the conference worse.

Edit: MS's problem might be that they will show us third party games which we will see already the next weeks shown by the publishers themselves. That might be a problem with having the show so late. 

crissindahouse said:
Sony didn't show much bigger stuff from own studios so it shouldn't be that hard to have at least a show as good as that from Sony. Show a few bigger third party games and Halo, Forza+ one more first party game and you have shown already the same as Sony did.

Sony did also show the console the first time which MS can't do anymore but that shouldn't make the conference worse.

I agree but no matter how much better you are, it's hard to take a woman from a man whom she loves. Microsoft is trying to take away Sony's lover. Being just as good isn't good enough. People are loyal to Sony. If Xbox is going to win these people over, they're gonna have to do something huge.

Honestly just need to show as many 1st+2nd party games, of about equal quality, as the PS5 event did.
So like if they announce 10+ new 1st/2nd party exclusives for Xbox series X, its at the very least equal.

If they have good marketing, a low price and manage to sell the console in more countries then they should do OK as a stop gap for people who aren't ready for Microsoft's cloud gaming/PC/mobile gaming future.

Around the Network

Lower price (399 $/€) for the smaller, yet more powerful system will do the trick.

I want a mindblowingly good looking Halo and a normal BK out of the ordinary would be a new fable

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The 2 brands are doing so many different things now that i cant even see them as competition. I see it like this, do you want an laptop or do you want an ipad pro?

Show more than Halo and Forza as the big exclusives. Not interested in any Halo post Bungie or driving games. Maybe if they show Fable 4 and Perfect Dark or something along the lines.

Oh and announce a price - $449 *mic drop*

Last edited by hinch - on 13 June 2020

They basically need to take some risks and come up with some new AAA ip's and forget about all that cross-gen crap. Halo, Gears and Forza are great, but lets face it, Gears and Halo just don't have the kind of pull they had 10 years ago. People want to see something new and exciting.