By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What happened in the US? My honest question as a foreigner

Tagged games:

My first reaction when watching the news 

So, my fellow gamer in US . Stay safe until next gen comes

No matter what political perspective or side you choose gaming is still number one

No matter who is the president is , you still a gamer.

I honestly don't want China rule the world, as bad as US and democracy  is on leading the world, US is still far better than CCP and communist when it comes to gaming LOL.

Seriously , I am hoping for the best for you guys who lives in US and i hope everything will alright , i prefer we arguing in gaming rather having a riot on the street 

Peace and stay safe from Indonesia.

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 31 May 2020

Around the Network

Lol @ the game that was chosen :)))

Still, I am interested to see what US members have to say about the last couple of days. Thoughts about what is happening, why and what could be the solution?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

It will be fine. Media is making more of it than it actually is. People are a little bit more on edge and desperate because of the coronavirus, so when you throw in a senseless death due to extreme force by police... it set people off. People embraced the mayhem of the mob when they protested because their lives have been so crazy. It will calm down by next week though. Especially with the cop now charged and in custody.

Hopefully everyone gets the Civil War they want so much they've been talking about it for millennia now. Everybody today seems royally pissed off for no reason! Even I had genuinely good reasons to be pissed off and I am not calling everyone out like they are doing on social media and text forums.

It's bad but there is a decent amount of media hype to everything also. I'm living in suburb of Austin so not much protesting here. It is all taking place in downtown Austin. They did manage to shutdown the main interstate I35 for a little. I think that is stupid they should stick to access roads not the damn highway. Also the vandals and other bad apples are just hurting the cause.  Some of the protesters signs were also stupid.  I saw one in Austin said Abolish Police...  Lol wtf yea right. How about better training and accountability?  That sounds like a more realistic option.

USA has had many riots throughout the decades so nothing new. I'd say the riots in France last year or whatever where worse than these so far. Arson and looting needs to stop.

Honestly protesting works sometimes but usually it doesn't do shit. Just look at the occupy wall street protest during the great recession. They didn't accomplish shit and the rich have only been rewarded with even more tax breaks. 

The civil rights protest during MLK Jr days were mainly nonviolent marches and sit-ins even though they were met with violence they remained mostly non violent.  They actually were able to accomplish some legislation victories.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 31 May 2020

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

It's bad but there is a decent amount of media hype to everything also. I'm living in suburb of Austin so not much protesting here. It is all taking place in downtown Austin. They did manage to shutdown the main interstate I35 for a little. I think that is stupid they should stick to access roads not the damn highway. Also the vandals and other bad apples are just hurting the cause.  Some of the protesters signs were also stupid.  I saw one in Austin said Abolish Police...  Lol wtf yea right. How about better training and accountability?  That sounds like a more realistic option.

USA has had many riots throughout the decades so nothing new. I'd say the riots in France last year or whatever where worse than these so far. Arson and looting needs to stop.

Honestly protesting works sometimes but usually it doesn't do shit. Just look at the occupy wall street protest during the great recession. They didn't accomplish shit and the rich have only been rewarded with even more tax breaks. 

The civil rights protest during MLK Jr days were mainly nonviolent marches and sit-ins even though they were met with violence they remained mostly non violent.  They actually were able to accomplish some legislation victories.

agree 

US went from WW 3 in January to Massive pandemic to race war in 5 months...

JapaneseGamesLover said:
US went from WW 3 in January to Massive pandemic to race war in 5 months...

LOL 

2020 has just been a shit year in general, especially for the U.S. though. Racism has never left the United States. It saddens me that we're still going through this, but then I remember MLK was only assassinated some 50+ years ago. We have a long way to go.

I won't get into politics, but I will say that this current administration and leadership is not the best equipped to be leading us during such a year. 2020 has been the perfect storm for catastrophe. I can only hope the next 7 months goes by even quicker. Then again, who knows what 2021 will bring.

Keep in mind, the US is a really big place. I would wager most of the people posting from the US haven't seen any rioting/protesting in person.