By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2020 (Apr 06 - Apr 12)

Tagged games:

Stock issues really hit hard Switch sales

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Around the Network

FF7 over 700k is better than I thought and PS4 finally over 9 mill. It may not reach PS3's 10.5 mill but it'll end up much closer than it seemed to early on in the gen.

Animal Crossing keeps selling like hotcakes even though Switch is hit with shortages.

Ff7 is bit disappointing. It sold the same as 15.

The series has peaked and fallen in japan.

Edit: it sold less than 15. Oh my god.

Last edited by BlackBeauty - on 16 April 2020

Ka-pi96 said:
That PS4 jump just seems strange to me. I mean, the console's been out for 6 years, who actually waited 6 years for the release of FF7 remake to buy one? I could understand a little boost due to special editions maybe, but a 300% increase? Why/how is 1 game 6 years into the consoles life the deciding factor? I mean, it's not even fully exclusive so people who are patient enough to wait 6 years for a console can surely wait 1 year for it to release on other platforms, no?

There was also a value bundle. The game and a PS4 for $300 so that’s a pretty good deal

With digital FF7R could be very close to a million. Here’s hoping it can reach it with physical only too

Around the Network

God damn. Those Switch numbers was what I was expecting before March... it finally sunk down there...

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:
That PS4 jump just seems strange to me. I mean, the console's been out for 6 years, who actually waited 6 years for the release of FF7 remake to buy one? I could understand a little boost due to special editions maybe, but a 300% increase? Why/how is 1 game 6 years into the consoles life the deciding factor? I mean, it's not even fully exclusive so people who are patient enough to wait 6 years for a console can surely wait 1 year for it to release on other platforms, no?

I think people who don't normally play games who recently found out about FF7R's release bought a PS4. In fact, there are many players who didn't even know that FF7R is a branch of the game.

700k physical sales was my prediction, so right on the money. PS4 sold better than I thought, but I wonder if a crash will come soon.

Switch's mega weeks into low stock weeks is unfortunate.

Jranation said:
God damn. Those Switch numbers was what I was expecting before March... it finally sunk down there...

Nintendo was only shipping pre-orders this week, but they announced they have resumed shipping more consoles, so it should rebound quickly!

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Nice bump for PS4, Switch ouch