By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis Remastered announced for Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One EDIT: It will be using new updated engine [UPDATE] Add Digital Foundry Video Analysis

Tagged games:

EDIT: Add context 

https://press.crytek.com/crytek-announces-crysis-remastered

Crysis Remastered will focus on the original game’s single-player campaigns and is slated to contain high-quality textures and improved art assets, an HD texture pack, temporal anti-aliasing, SSDO, SVOGI, state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, and parallax occlusion mapping, particle effects will also be added where applicable. Further additions such as volumetric fog and shafts of light, software-based ray tracing, and screen space reflections provide the game with a major visual upgrade.

“We are excited to be working on the Crysis franchise again, and to bring all the Crysis fans a remaster worthy of their passion for the game,” said Crytek CEO Avni Yerli. “It’s an exciting opportunity to be able to bring Crysis back to PCs and current consoles – even Nintendo Switch! – so that a whole new generation of players can experience the thrill of a battle in the Nanosuit.”

https://youtu.be/zWdas55U4_8

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 19 April 2020

Around the Network

Bracing for incoming "Can it run Crysis" jokes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

"It has seen the end of Kenobi, and it will soon see the end of the Rebellion."

Darwinianevolution said:
Bracing for incoming "Can it run Crysis" jokes.

Or "Will it blend" jokes :D

Expected a little more...

I would've taken a Crysis Warhead port to consoles over this.

Around the Network

I don't think I've ever seen Crysis running at Max specs. Gonna be a treat.

Marth said:
What is up with your title? Remove those dots

LMAO just joking around 

We reached a day and age where a handheld can run Crysis.... Curious to see what the verdict will be for this remaster on all systems.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I hope it has PS5 and Xbox Series X upgrade as well. I want to see with RT effect and others new enhancement

d21lewis said:
I don't think I've ever seen Crysis running at Max specs. Gonna be a treat.

So it takes 14 years for consoles to properly run the games LOL