By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - According to Mat Piscatella "Next Gen consoles sales will not have a major effect on Switch sales"

Tagged games:

What do you think

Agree with him 46 76.67%

I am not agree 14 23.33%

Total:60

According to NPD analyst Mat Piscatella on His Tweeter. Many Switch owner in US has PS4 or Xbox One on their possession, and Switch is not a substitution for home consoles, except it can coexist with PS4 and Xbox One and compliment each other. And many PS4 gamers and Xbox gamers buy Switch as their supplement instead substitution. The same trending also going to happen when PS5 and Xbox launched next year, Switch sales will still be big.

Around the Network

This is pretty obvious yet we still have a bunch of people who think otherwise.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

He is obviously right. Not only that in the past history Sony and MS consoles barely had any effect on Nintendo console sales, both of their next gen offerings launch too late in the year to have any effect on Switch sales performance.

they won't have a notable impact yes

In other news, the release of the latest model Lamborghini won't have a major effect on the sales of bicycles.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

In other news, the release of the latest model Lamborghini won't have a major effect on the sales of bicycles.

I was literally just about to dump all of my bicycle stocks, thank you. 

You mean two expensive consoles of a different generation with few non cross gen games will not affect the sales of a very sucessful console during it's peak sales? No shit, Sherlock. By the time they are able to affect the switch, it will be on it's way out anyway.

derpysquirtle64 said:
He is obviously right. Not only that in the past history Sony and MS consoles barely had any effect on Nintendo console sales, both of their next gen offerings launch too late in the year to have any effect on Switch sales performance.

The first part couldn't be more wrong, the second is true.

curl-6 said:

Very poor comparison.

Nu-13 said:

You mean two expensive consoles of a different generation with few non cross gen games will not affect the sales of a very sucessful console during it's peak sales? No shit, Sherlock. By the time they are able to affect the switch, it will be on it's way out anyway.

No , It's not about price or games or popularity of Switch (that could be true but need another different discussion ). What the expert said in his tweet is "  Switch is not a direct competitor to PS5/Xbox " . Instead it's a compliment for both and will not cannibalize each other sales. 

Cucumberry said:
curl-6 said:

I was literally just about to dump all of my bicycle stocks, thank you. 

LMAO