By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Xbox are preparing for Cloud only gaming exclusives

Tagged games:

https://stevivor.com/news/xcloud-exclusive-games/

Microsoft is “in talks” with first- and third-party studios to create and release Project xCloud exclusive games.

Microsoft’s Kareem Choudhry made the confirmation at X019 in London as part of a group interview with Australian outlets, stressing that there weren’t any title-specific announcements to make at this time.

“In terms of [Project xCloud] exclusives, we’re in early talks with first- and third- parties, but we don’t have any announcements to share,” Choudhry asserted. “New content and IP takes eighteen months to two years [to develop].”

Choudry stressed that “the first thing that we’re doing is… just lifting and shifting content that doesn’t require any development changes into the cloud. So right away we’ve got a platform that can run any of the 3000 games you can run on Xbox today.”

Choudhry also confirmed that specific APIs have been added to the Xbox SDK to let a game “know at runtime [if it is] being streamed or not.”

Calling the functionality “cloud aware,” Choudhry said the APIs enable developers “to make any changes that they want, specific to streaming — things like changing the font sizes or… changing some of their networking code to account for the fact that the server is in a data center.”

My take on this;

Exclusives are very important especially if you want to sell the same product that other competitor has, and also to make the full capability of the hardware you got and showing the benefit of Cloud or other product so consumer attract to it. It seems the future already set for Microsoft to make CLoud as the main product in the future . Probably some of the Microsoft  first party studios already preparing to make or probably making some prototype in Cloud gaming. Google Stadia also has exclusives that benefit for cloud gaming and it's indeed shows what cloud gaming can do that other platform cannot do. 

Around the Network

But.......http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441514/microsoft-has-no-plans-for-project-xcloud-exclusives/

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It seems odd that there would be a games on Xcloud that wouldn't appear on Xbox. Ah whatever.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
But.......http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441514/microsoft-has-no-plans-for-project-xcloud-exclusives/

"We are investigating a variety of new capabilities made possible by the cloud. However, we remain committed to an approach with game streaming that is complementary to console and have no plans for cloud-exclusive content at this time."

Probably not now , but they are indeed investigating it and looking forward to it,  because exclusives is must if they want to sell Xcloud , Xcloud is Microsoft focus . They will make it because that's how they will sell Xcloud 

COKTOE said:
It seems odd that there would be a games on Xcloud that wouldn't appear on Xbox. Ah whatever.

It's possible, Cloud gaming has some advantage over  local/traditional l hardware gaming cannot not do.  That's why Microsoft need exclusives for Xcloud to shows the advantage of cloud over local consoles/PC gaming. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
COKTOE said:

It's possible, Cloud gaming has some advantage over  local/traditional l hardware gaming cannot not do.  That's why Microsoft need exclusives for Xcloud to shows the advantage of cloud over local consoles/PC gaming. 

I'm no captain of industry, but it makes more sense to me to offer everything you have on all your viable platforms, and simply let the market sort itself out, as people will invest in what they want to. If of course they do go in that direction.

COKTOE said:
HollyGamer said:

I'm no captain of industry, but it makes more sense to me to offer everything you have on all your viable platforms, and simply let the market sort itself out, as people will invest in what they want to. If of course they do go in that direction.

That's why their messages are contradicted with each other, they said they focus on cloud but and the next day they said they aren't. I also confused with them. But obviously Cloud only exclusives will come to Xcloud , it just a matter of when. 

Bet they won't be anything classified as AAA, but then again who knows. Only die hard xbox gamers will use it anyway.

Bisa said:
Also:

"We are investigating a variety of new capabilities made possible by the cloud,” a statement from a Microsoft spokesperson reads. “However, we remain committed to an approach with game streaming that is complementary to console and have no plans for cloud-exclusive content at this time.” - from the article you linked.

Yup, which is "preparing " is the right words . Preparing means they have vision and want to make. But for now they probably not going to say anything. Because we know Cloud is their focus just like how VR is for Sony. I bet with everything i have they will make it sooner or latter, sooner is my best bet. 

Article from the 22nd, Updated and clarified on the 23rd and then posted on VGC forums on the 27th whilst omitting the most important sentence of the entire article. It's hard to believe someone so invested in Xbox news would be so late in posting whilst also missing out the main part of the article.