By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 16 November 2019

Tagged games:

Sell-through almost passing the PS1 now! 2nd best selling home console of all time next week!

Switch has done very well Pokemon week. 40% up over last week. Not double like Japan but that would have been silly. xD

Around the Network

Dayum, that's great for the Switch, but not a good sign for future Pokemon games.
lol dejavu.

Narrowing the gap to a bit over 1.5M in one fell swoop.

Those are some beastly numbers from the Switch. Fantastic. The season + pokemon are really a nice boost.
Ps4 holding up there. Solid numbers for a 6yo console.
And 19 people in Japan just discovered the meaning of true happiness.

trunkswd said:
Switch is on track to surpass to the Xbox One during Black Friday week. So 2 more weeks of numbers to be posted here on VGChartz.

Dawn of the Switch overtaking the XBO

2 Weeks left

Around the Network

Black Friday followed by Cyber Monday next week, December also tends to be a strong month for Nintendo platforms I think Switch did near enough 1m a week last year in the month due to Smash.

trunkswd said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Dawn of the Switch overtaking the XBO

2 Weeks left

It is exciting news. I would never have thought the Switch would have overtaken the Xbox One as quickly as it did. Seeing the concept of the Switch I knew it was going to be a success with Nintendo combining their home console and handheld developers onto one platform. 

Same, but if told anyone in 2017 that the Switch will overtake the XBO before 2020, I'm sure most would have called you a fool or something around those lines. Seeing the Switch actually competing saleswise with the PS4, the Wii and even the DS (so far) is very exiting indeed.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
trunkswd said:

It is exciting news. I would never have thought the Switch would have overtaken the Xbox One as quickly as it did. Seeing the concept of the Switch I knew it was going to be a success with Nintendo combining their home console and handheld developers onto one platform. 

Same, but if told anyone in 2017 that the Switch will overtake the XBO before 2020, I'm sure most would have called you a fool or something around those lines. Seeing the Switch actually competing saleswise with the PS4, the Wii and even the DS (so far) is very exiting indeed.

Yeah, there was a thread were we tried to guess when the Switch would overtake the XB1. My guess was like Q4 2020 I think.

With every last adjustments considered here, the Switch has this situation now for Q3 :

If the same pace could keep going until Dec 31th, the Q3 would have a total of ~13,9 millions, which could have been possible with Animal crossing fitting the gap in December. This makes me wonder if they have not decided to extend the momentum by delaying AC just to avoid a too huge spike in FY2020 Q3 and remain with nothing else for the next 6-9 months.

Impressive number for both Switch and PS4.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.