By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Apparently the GTS got cut off Pokemon Sword and Shield

Tagged games:

No GTS, how do you feel?

It's fine 0 0%

Don't care 7 25.93%

I'll miss it 6 22.22%

Unacceptable 13 48.15%

I'm glad it's gone 1 3.70%

Total:27

What is GTS?

Around the Network

It's not a rumour, it's 100% confirmed. There was no GTS in the game files.
This was the only mention of the GTS in the game's entire text file:

More cut core shit that ruins gameplay. Unbelievable.

With so many cuts and rumours going on, I'm not sure if this is true. I mean, why would they nerf trading like that? What reason would they have for eliminating a proven functional feature? Do they expect people to go back to local trading?

I really want to hear the behind scenes of this game, and what's going on with Pokemon in general. It seems like a massive clusterfuck.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I wasn't personally planning on trading, so it doesn't bother me much.  Frankly I didn't even know an online system ever existed.

Don’t care, I play my own game anyways

Around the Network

i hope they have an alternative??

WATCH ME!

htt://youtube.com/thisisrusko

Used it a lot in Diamond and White. That sucks.

4 ≈ One

I'll miss it.

Last edited by JON0 - on 12 November 2019

I don't generally trade online so for me it's really irrelevant, but removing such a useful and popular feature for no apparent good reason is ridiculous. Hopefully they have something similar in place of it, otherwise this is going to be the next PR disaster...

From what I read we won't need it because all the Pokemon can be caught on either version and since they aren't compatible with prior games we don't need the GTS. The sequel to this game will need GTS, but not this one.

Now, if you just don't want to have to deal with trying and succeeding in catching them all and the GTS was your way out, I can understand your frustrations. Personally I've never cared about catching them all, I just go after the ones I want to use and ignore the rest. Well that was until Let's Go because you could level up by catching haha.