By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition (Hype Thread)

Tagged games:

Dragon Quest XI appears as Definitive Edition. On Switch: Extra content, orchestrated soundtrack, 16Bit mode. On Switch lite: Same

for the "PS4" appears only the normal/non-definitive without better content/music (no 16Bit mode!)

Release: This Friday. And Definitive (with completely new story/characters) is exclusive/available on Nintendo Switch. i saw it yesterday for only 59,99 euro (demo available) :D

Around the Network

this is the Cover:

Another JRPG masterpiece for the Nintendo Switch.

Might as well be a Switch exclusive

I really hope this does well. It'd be terrible for Japanese third party Switch support if it didn't, they're already doing a crappy job of supporting the system and if a franchise as big as Dragon Quest sells poorly so many could look at that and say "hey if DQ can't sell, why even bother?"

Never mind that it's 2 years late an already sold millions on 3DS/PS4, it'll still be held up as a sign that third parties shouldn't make Switch games.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 September 2019

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I really hope this does well. It'd be terrible for Japanese third party Switch support if it didn't, they're already doing a crappy job of supporting the system and if a franchise as big as Dragon Quest sells poorly so many could look at that and say "hey if DQ can't sell, why even bother?"

Never mind that it's 2 years late an already sold millions on 3DS/PS4, it'll still be held up as a sign that third parties shouldn't make Switch games.

Except the majority of Japanese consumers will own a Switch which makes it impossible for DQ games to skip the system considering that's where 90% of sales are it's the same reason that 3DS got a version of DQXI despite the developer wanting to do a console game as the userbase was too big to ignore DQ always lands on the most successful platform in Japan that's something Horii has in place and can't be challenged.

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

Except the majority of Japanese consumers will own a Switch which makes it impossible for DQ games to skip the system considering that's where 90% of sales are it's the same reason that 3DS got a version of DQXI despite the developer wanting to do a console game as the userbase was too big to ignore DQ always lands on the most successful platform in Japan that's something Horii has in place and can't be challenged.

I didn't mean the next DQ, more third parties in general; Switch's excellent sales so far haven't stopped a lot of Japanese devs giving mediocre to poor support. 

curl-6 said:
Wyrdness said:

I didn't mean the next DQ, more third parties in general; Switch's excellent sales so far haven't stopped a lot of Japanese devs giving mediocre to poor support. 

Mostly Capcom and Falcom. Others have been normal to great. SE especially.

ARamdomGamer said:
Another JRPG masterpiece for the Nintendo Switch.

Truly the best place for the JRPG GAMER. Also known as "paradise".

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I’m very excited to get this again, I was unable to finish this game on PS4 since my time is so limited these days because of work. I haven’t fully finished a PS4 game since uncharted 4, thank god it was a short game lol. But I am able to finish majority of switch games I play since I get little moments here and there.

I was really really enjoying this one too, such a great game, hope it ports well to switch!