By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The "Original Story" - The Kimba VS Simba Controversy, Disney The Lying King

Tagged games:

How do you feel with these

I feel betrayed 1 3.23%

My Childhood is a lie 1 3.23%

Disney is worst and Evil 7 22.58%

Murica 0 0%

I don't care i support plagiarisme 3 9.68%

LOL you are late to the party 19 61.29%

Total:31

I don't know if this ever posted in this forum before, but this is worth to watch. 

I still remember when i was kid i've  watched Kimba the white Lion even before Lion King was a thing . Now i remember and now everything make sense. Lion king is the Power Ranger of Super Sentai of cartoon, the difference is Disney  claim it was using their own original stories and concept LOL. Poor Tezuka.

Of course this just my opinion using the video and my knowledge as source, if anyone disagree they can comment. 

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 04 July 2019

Around the Network

Tezuka copied Disney for his traces, and Disney copied.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I thought this was a well known fact.

It is a well known fact. Hardly any of Disney's movies were original content.

And I will have to criticize the video.  The video clearly states that the Lion King was "heavily marketed" as an original story, yet absolutely no evidence was produced to substantiate that claim.  I don't recall Lion King being billed as an original story, perhaps it was, I won't pretend to be a Disney historian.  I'll just say, anybody who makes a claim ought to substantiate said claim.  A claim with no evidence is an opinion.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 04 July 2019

I always thought it was Disney's loose take on Hamlet.

Around the Network

Dude, just about all of Disney's big and famous movies were based on other works and stories.
The Lion King
Aladdin
The Little Mermaid
Mulan

Just to name a few.

I knew this since the late 90s

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBSSFsHWpXk

Watch for yourself. I find the video at the start to be dishonest as fuck. The story bears absolutely no similarity that I can see to the Lion King except that they feature African animals. That's like, literally it. Maybe there's more similarities in the anime (but based on plot synopsis it doesn't seem like it) but I'm not going to watch all that since the movie kinda sucked.

NightlyPoe said:
JWeinCom said:

You're correct.  This is basically a conspiracy theory more about slamming Disney than investigation.  There are a few superficial similarities and sometime in like the 90s the internet ran with it to the point where it's been treated as an unquestioned fact in many corners.  Thing was, in the 90s and early 00s the internet didn't really have video blasting from every corner, so the conspiracy could be shown via a few pictures.  If the video were widely available the theory falls apart.

Most you can really make an argument for is that Disney lifted a few visuals, but movies do that all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHps2iC8W3o

Seems pretty similar to me, there's zero chance at least a significant portion of Disney's animators did not know what they were doing. Tezuka was not exactly unknown, after all.

Inspiration is like Dune -> Star Wars. This is very much lifting and remaking. Of course, there are people who seemingly think, for instance, Sword of Shannara and the first book of Wheel of Time were "original" as well, so yeah.

I really, intensely don't care. There are a lot of stupid "movie controversies" as of late and all they do is clutter my youtube feed with worthless opinions. This obviously has some ground to it, but the Lion King is a good movie and that's all.