What Studios you want Sony to acquire

Imsomniac 10 27.03%

Blue point 7 18.92%

From Software 6 16.22%

Kojima Production 8 21.62%

Platinum 1 2.70%

others (please mention on the comment ) 5 13.51%

Total:37

According to Jim Ryan through Daniel Ahmad Tweet  Sony are plan to investing more on their first party studios by expanding their studios or acquire new studios.  

Based of Daniel Ahmad tweet from  Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc new ceo Jim Ryan 

"Investing in 1st party. 13 studios around the world.
- Plan to expand through organic growth or acquisitions
- Progress in creating titles with post launch revenue streams (E.g. MLB add on content)"

Around the Network

I don't really like the idea of buying up studios but Microsoft has pushed things in this direction. A response of some kind makes sense.

However, I'd much rather see them start their own studios or buy small studios that are really looking to take off and need a financial boost. Buying up large studios like Insomniac really does very little for the consumer.

At the end of the day, though, it's up to the owners of those studios if they want to sell. I can't blame either party for coming to a financial agreement.

Rockstar purchase confirmed!

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Arrowhead Studios

The better HouseMarque.

Hunting Season is done...

AbbathTheGrim said:

Gonna get that Agent game made some day.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Gonna get that Agent game made some day.

The Lord of Light foretold that Agent will be made eventuality. It is known.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

From Soft would be awesome but Kojima Productions makes more sense

twintail said:
Zoombael said:
Arrowhead Studios

The better HouseMarque.

At the very least I hope they are making a Helldivers 2, but 3rd person and 4 player split-screen local.

estebxx said:
From Soft would be awesome but Kojima Productions makes more sense

From won't happen though, Kadokawa aren't going to sell them off.

Kojima Productions maybe, but its a dev that is pretty much united around Kojima. Without him, what does the company actually offer? I think Sony are better off continuing contract work with them

Well obviously im talking about getting Kojima to be a part of Sonys first party.

And yeah the danger is that Kojima is still an individual and he could quit later on and the studio wouldnt be the same without him, but as long as Sony gives him full creative control (which is something ive read sony does a lot with their studios), i dont see why he would wanna quit especially when he would now have a big company behind them backing them up, giving them a big budget for their games all while giving them creative control.

EDIT: just realized that your argument can be made for From Soft as well (what would it be without Miyazaki?), and for every other studio, after all its the people behind the studio what really matters and anyone could quit later on, its the reason why talented studios of the past (like Rare or Bioware) arent as amazing as they used to be, since many talented people have moved on to other companies.

In other words its a risk thats always present regardless of what studio they would aquire, although i get your point that with Kojipro its a bit more risky since its just this one guy who has this amazing legacy in the industry and if he left it would be a big blow to the studio.

Last edited by estebxx - on 21 May 2019

It would be super fucked up if they bought platinum. I can understand devs that have strong ties to PlayStation like kojima and bluepoint but platinum the dev that's made more Nintendo exclusives this gen than multiplats no

Zoombael said:
Arrowhead Studios

The better HouseMarque.

!

@op.....From I suppose. Would be frickin' huge to lock up such an esteemed and consistent dev.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 21 May 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."