By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Analysis Video Mortal Kombat 11: Switch vs PS4/Pro/Xbox One/X - From Handheld To 4K!

Tagged games:

https://youtu.be/qvJUWZxlAlA

It looks good on Switch

Some downgrade on texture and polygon mesh 

Framerates good on Switch 

Around the Network

So basically, no matter which console you own, you're getting a solid experience relative to the hardware.

Good, that's the way it should be with multiplatform titles.

So god damn blurry... but alright, its a functional portable product.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It pretty much takes quite a hit on everything possible, resolution, textures, lighting, geometry - honestly, for my eyes it looks like generational difference, but it's still good looking game on what is basically mobile SoC.

If you want to retain 60fps, there is going to be some serious concessions to visual fidelity, which happened on the Switch.
But in saying that... 60fps is certainly more important than texture resolution or output resolution for a fighting game, responsiveness is absolute key.

With that said... The Xbox One version doesn't exactly escape unscathed either, it looks like a dogs breakfast, it just doesn't have the chunky bits the Switch version has that takes it a step down.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 27 April 2019

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Good version of the game. The big thing is the resolution, which is notably lower. Maybe they can squeeze a little bit more out of it after a patch. The difference in texture quality is small enough to not care.

I played the story mode for couple of hours yesterday and when you start fighting, you don't notice the downgrade, and the game looks astonyshly good on tv

Annoying that Digital Foundry no longer allows you to view and copy direct captures, or at least I can't figure out how to do it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-mortal-kombat-11-tech-analysis

I wanted to put the portable mode side by side with MK on Vita to get a direct comparison of the jump for mobile MK.

Putting like-for-like screens of PS4/Xbone and Switch docked next to each other would also be interesting now that we finally have a reliable source for fair comparison.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 April 2019

curl-6 said:

Annoying that Digital Foundry no longer allows you to view and copy direct captures, or at least I can't figure out how to do it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-mortal-kombat-11-tech-analysis

I wanted to put the portable mode side by side with MK on Vita to get a direct comparison of the jump for mobile MK.

Putting like-for-like screens of PS4/Xbone and Switch docked next to each other would also be interesting now that we finally have a reliable source for fair comparison.

You need to become their patreon to copy and download direct video form their chanel 

This analysis doesn't showcase the Krypt though. And there's a huge downgrade in the switch version in that mode.

PS4 Krypt

Switch Krypt