By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Switch for MK 11

Tagged games:

I've never been this torn over which version to get. The mobile aspect of it on Switch is soooo apealling, and would pretty much guarantee that I would spend more time with it (which is needed, as I'm not really playing my Switch at all at the moment). I'm not super concerned about the better graphics on PS4, but the gameplay on PS4 with the dual shock has always been the best for games like this. And the "d-pad" on the joy-cons is....not really even a d-pad. Since I plan on playing most of it mobile if I get it on Switch, that is a big negative.

Ugh. I want both but I don't want to spend 120 dollars. Thoughts? What version is everyone else getting?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

I'm getting Switch version.

Fighters arnt the type of game you want to play on the bus or outsides..... Portability holds very little value for this type of game.
This is a no brainer for PS4 imo, esp if you have a preferance for controllers, or worry about the Switch Dpad.

JRPGfan said:

Fighters arnt the type of game you want to play on the bus or outsides..... Portability holds very little value for this type of game.
This is a no brainer for PS4 imo, esp if you have a preferance for controllers, or worry about the Switch Dpad.

I disagree with you there, I think fighting and racing games are the most suited for portability. Quick matches, easy to pick up and let go at any time is perfect for that. However, I think I'd get the PS4 version as well, since I'm a home console type of guy and the PS4 version definitely runs better.

I’m definitely interested, but it would probably be something to get down the road. I’d be getting the Switch version, because there’s a much higher chance I’d actually play the game regularly due to convenience. Switch is more convenient. And that’s also my advice to you; pick the one you assume you’d play the game more on.

Around the Network

I plan on getting it for both, though the switch version will be later.. probably when they release the goty/XL./komplete version with all the DLC.

ptofhearts said:
JRPGfan said:

I disagree with you there, I think fighting and racing games are the most suited for portability. Quick matches, easy to pick up and let go at any time is perfect for that. However, I think I'd get the PS4 version as well, since I'm a home console type of guy and the PS4 version definitely runs better.

Can I ask how you know that the PS4 version definitely runs better? Have you already played both versions?

Attiq said:
ptofhearts said:

Can I ask how you know that the PS4 version definitely runs better? Have you already played both versions?

You can. I haven't played any version and the PS4 has more horsepower, therefore it runs better, in the sense that it'll be better looking and more detailed.

PS4. It will have more fan base/community to play it online. Probably even bigger community than the PC version.

I have it pre-ordered on Switch.