By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI S introduces additional new features, new 2d and 3d gameplay footage, and latest Japanese voice actors

Tagged games:

Square Enix announced the latest Japanese voice actors, additional new features, and “Voice Drama” downloadable content for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition, as well as debuted new gameplay footage, during the latest “Dragon Quest XI S Channel” broadcast today.

Get the details below.

Latest Voice Actor Announcements

Protagonist (Baby) (Cry) – Touma Saito (Ayumi Tsunematsu’s son)
Kai (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
Booga (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
Masked Martial Arts Tournament Announcer (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
Indignus (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
Queen Marina (voiced by Atsuko Tanaka)
Grand Master Pang (voiced by Ayumi Tsunematsu)
Don Rodrigo (voiced by Akio Ootsuka)
The Sultan of Gallopolis (voiced by Shigeru Chiba)
Avarith (voiced by Ryuusei Nakao)
Yggdragon (voiced by Keiko Han)
Tyriant (voiced by Norio Wakamoto)
Homirin (voiced by Yuka Ozaki)
The Seer (voiced by Miina Tominaga)

Additional New Features

Party members will follow you on the field.
You can talk directly to party members without opening the menu.
You can change the music from Orchestra to Synthesizer at any point by going to the sound settings in the menu.
You can dash with the ZR button.
By using the new “Horse Bell” item, you can call your horse at any time.
You can now gain experience points when your horse knocks away an enemy on the field.
You can change the battle speed to “Normal,” “Fast,” or “Really Fast.”
The quests from the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI in which you visit the worlds of past Dragon Quest titles will be included in the Switch version, but not without changes.

Voice Drama Downloadable Content

The following is a message from Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii, who was unable to appear on the program due to poor health:

“Thanks to everyone who made their voice heard, Dragon Quest XI S is being made to dive deeper into the story. And new story is also being added that allows you to experience each character as the protagonist. Through the unexpected sides of these characters and previously untold stories, I hope that you can be able to appreciate each character even more. I wanted everyone to further enjoy the drama of those characters, so I am actually making something as additional downloadable content. That something is a ‘voice drama.’ I would like to share more details now, but I should be able to share new information in June.”

Gameplay

42:00 to 48:57 – 3D Gameplay

49:07 to 51:55 – 2D Gameplay

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Fuck yeah. This is shaping up to be one of the best games of all time. The original DQXI was already way up there, but they're just pumping more content and polish into an already incredible game. Very keen for this. The quests from the 3DS game should actually make sense to me now that I've had time to go through most other DQ games

Okay, I was on the fence about this game in terms of buying it day 1 but damn, this is amazing. Day 1 for sure. The quality of life improvements are stellar and incorporating the 3DS side quests as well...man this is going to be amazing. Switch owners and JRPG fans...please buy this game.

At least Square Enix does make the wait worthwhile instead of just bringing a late port

For a moment I was asking myself when was SE going to announce the game for the Switch, only to remember they had already done that. They take so long between announcement and delivery my mind starts playing tricks on me.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I'm eagerly awaiting this game. I was just looking at these old Final Fantasy games coming to Switch and thought, "looks fun, but I want a new game. They just don't make JRPGs like that anymore." And then I realized, "Yes they do! It's Dragon Quest XI." Can't wait.

Planning to get this. I have 7 for 3ds bit didn't get into it much. Recently got ff 9 on switch and have mildly enjoyed it, so I'm hopeful for dq11

well looks like i made the correct choice waiting for the switch version

This makes Smash Ultimate look like a port, heh.

Heh

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Additional New Features

Party members will follow you on the field.
You can talk directly to party members without opening the menu.
You can change the music from Orchestra to Synthesizer at any point by going to the sound settings in the menu.
You can dash with the ZR button.
By using the new “Horse Bell” item, you can call your horse at any time.
You can now gain experience points when your horse knocks away an enemy on the field.
You can change the battle speed to “Normal,” “Fast,” or “Really Fast.”
The quests from the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI in which you visit the worlds of past Dragon Quest titles will be included in the Switch version, but not without changes.

I knew that all the things crossed out were new features, but the rest aren't? Seriously??? Lmao. It straight up sounds like it would be annoying to play the vanilla version of this game. Most of that is stuff that's pretty essential and normal in open-ish games, especially games with large fields.