By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nindies Showcase announced for Wednesday, March 20th. 30 Minute long!

Tagged games:

Oh nice. In difference to some here I do consider Indy games and got some real good ones overtime. I like to hear more.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

So I'm rewatching last year's event and I'll be honest, I barely remember any of these games, and several of them actually look pretty good. I think this is partly because the EShop is such a mess of overly popular indies taking all the hype, super cheap indies filling the top spots since they're so inexpensive to buy, and a ton of mediocre "this should be a free title on android" type games clogging up the screen.

I'm really hoping for a well curated eShop in the future. It would even be nice for Nintendo to create a "Developer's Picks" recommended area. They could even do a celebrity recommended section every once in a while, or a youtubers selection. It would be a great way to help establish a community feel to the eShop.

I'm mostly expecting a lot of "meh" reactions by the site here, some awkward instroductions by the nindie staff introducing the titles, and at least one metroidvania that i must have, but that I'll likely forget to download. My indie backlog is growing.

super_etecoon said:
So I'm rewatching last year's event and I'll be honest, I barely remember any of these games, and several of them actually look pretty good. I think this is partly because the EShop is such a mess of overly popular indies taking all the hype, super cheap indies filling the top spots since they're so inexpensive to buy, and a ton of mediocre "this should be a free title on android" type games clogging up the screen.

I'm really hoping for a well curated eShop in the future. It would even be nice for Nintendo to create a "Developer's Picks" recommended area. They could even do a celebrity recommended section every once in a while, or a youtubers selection. It would be a great way to help establish a community feel to the eShop.

^ This!

Navigating the eShop is a huge pain. You have to either know exactly what you're looking for, or just get lucky and stumble upon something good. The "bestsellers" section usually has a few spots taken up by games that are a dollar. At least they finally told Fortnite off the "top sellers" list. I'd love it if they had a section where they just show off legitimate games, and not all the Andriod/iOS ports.  

30 min is long for indies or do I remember wrong? Oh well I probably end up watching it.

RolStoppable said:
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and variations of Nintendo Direct become a more regular thing throughout the year.

Nindies Directs are a thing since the Switch launch: we got a Nindies Direct every 6 months since February 2017 and some extra ones in between too

Around the Network

Very nice!  There is a lot going on this week.  We've got the Google reveal and now this.

Mnementh said:
Oh nice. In difference to some here I do consider Indy games and got some real good ones overtime. I like to hear more.

I agree.  I like to get some of these indie games too.  One caveat I have though is that I really like having a physical copy of the game.  In the past, I would only get a digital game if I ran out of physical games that I was interested in.  I am not having that problem on the Switch though.  Lots of physical games for me on the Switch, so there is no chance of my getting a digital game any time soon.

Instead, I am just now getting into the habit of going to Limited Run Games every couple of weeks just to see what they have.  I don't want to miss any good indie games that might have a very narrow release date for physical.

30 minutes, damn. Usually Nindie Directs only go for a couple minutes. Hopefully we get to see a proper reveal for Castle Crashers since that got teased earlier in the week, and maybe the Switch will get its own version of the Can't Stop Crying pack. Hopefully some more high profile titles can make their way over as well.

30 minutes? Max hype. This is the third party content I always look forward to the most, maybe a release date for the new Steamworld game.

End it on a Shantae, Commander Video or Hollow Knight reveal for Smash.

Deltarune Chapter 2

This reminds me that they haven't released Joker yet. Maybe they will do the propper announcements around this date? Either way, more indies is always good.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

A new direct!Woooooot

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1