By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announced a lot of huge titles in February, which are you most excited for?

Tagged games:

What was your Favorite Nintendo Game Announced in February?

Tetris 99 4 4.04%

Mario Maker 2 13 13.13%

Astrial Chain 21 21.21%

LOZ: Link's Awakening 26 26.26%

Pokemon Shield/Sword 26 26.26%

None of them interested me :( 8 8.08%

See Results 1 1.01%

Total:99

Probably Links Awakening as of right now. Need some more information on Astral Chain.

Around the Network

ASTRAL CHAIN! ASTRAL CHAIN! ASTRAL CHAIN! ASTRAL CHAIN! 

Link's Awakening for sure and i am really intrigued by Astral Chain. I will also pick up Mario Maker,  but i am not overly excited about it.

Last edited by melbye - on 01 March 2019

I'm going with Mario Maker 2. I've never played Link's Awakening, so that's definitely a close second. Astral Chain looks cool, but I'm not sure that'll be a day one grab for me. And I've never been into Pokemon, and that reveal of Sword/Shield didn't seem like it would entice me into the series.

More excited for Pokémon, but Astral Chain isn’t far off.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon

I have thousands of hours on Dead By Daylight, own it on Scorpio, Pro, and PC. So I imagine I’ll buy that, though I can’t imagine how well it will run on Switch since it runs like doodoo on the other consoles.

Outside of that, probably MM2.

Voted for Mario Maker 2 (since it's the safest bet) but it's very close. Very excited for Link's Awakening and Pokémon SS as well, more than for any game last year. All three have the potential to end up in my top 10 favourite games of all time.

Oh, and Tetris 99 is a fun little game as well.

This is my list of games that I plan to buy, whether it be day one or some time after their respective launch dates:
-Rune Factory 4 (and 5 once that comes out in 2020 or something...)
- Astral Chain
- Pokemon Sword/Shield
- Mario Maker 2
- Link's Awakening Remake
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Dragon Quest XI S
- Daemon x Machina
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- Final Fantasy VII (just got IX on Switch)
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 (if it's getting favorable reviews at least)
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Already playing Tetris 99

R.I.P my wallet...Sorry if I do not have a definitive answer as there are a lot of games I am looking forward to playing.

And I agree with the OP in a sense...For what was a huge direct, it might affect how E3 may be potentially handled. We have seen it before, even 2015 was sort of handled as such as the April Fool's Direct (seriously, if people did not remember, the Direct was on April 1, 2015, which was, unfortunately, Iwata's last notable appearance besides his puppet cameo at E3 and his apology after the presentation) provided a lot of information in which some of the games were repeats, in a way, at E3 2015.

E3 will be very interesting with all that is considered. Animal Crossing, Bayonetta 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Pokemon Sword/Shield are likely/possibly appearing at the event. I wonder what Nintendo will do this year for E3. Then you add the Microsoft and Xbox Live rumors....

My level of interest would be something like: Astral Chain > Link's Awakening >> Pokemon >>> Mario Maker > Tetris 99

-Astral Chain was a complete surprise and a brand new IP developed by Platinum. I can't NOT be extremely hyped, especially when they've already given a release date
-Link's Awakening has a lot of nostalgic value for me, being the first Zelda game I ever played on my own (I always watched my siblings play Link to the Past rather than play myself), so I'm really eager to replay it. I hope there are some added features for the remake, however.
-Pokemon is pretty exciting in general, though admittedly the Pokemon Direct didn't really get me pumped moreso than usual. It seems like a pretty standard Pokemon mainline game so far, which is fine but not 'hype' worthy for me
-Mario Maker 2 is cool and obviously huge for a lot of people, but not really my jam
-And for Tetris 99, I love puzzle games but not really much into the competitive aspect. I'd rather just play regular Tetris

Also poor Oninaki, doesn't even get remembered for a poll of new February announcements. To be fair, it looks like alright but Tokyo RPG Factory has had a pretty mediocre track record so far.