By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Maker 2 become a 10+ million seller?

Tagged games:

I predict it will sell...

Less than 10 million 22 20.56%

Over 10 million 85 79.44%

Total:107

Do you think it will or won't, and why/why not?

For reference, the original game on Wii U sold 4 million.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 February 2019

Around the Network

Most likely.Its 2D Mario, its a genious concept and the first one sold about 5 million on the Wii U.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Is this a question that needs asked? I think being a 20+ million seller would be a bolder possibility.

Yes, pretty big chance that will happen.

Shouldn't this be a question for your other thread that you already made?

Anyways yeah, obviously it will.

Around the Network

hmm I voted no this time, just bc its coming just after nsmbud and I feel theres not so much interest in 2d marios right now... still it could be really possible to get 10 - 15m if it becomes popular among youtubers,..

Of course it will, the far more interesting question would be if NSMBU and Mario maker will both hit 10 million

Mario Maker 1 sold 5M on an install base of roughly 14M, the Switch will end up doing 90-115M. Yeah, Mario Maker will definitely hit 10M, probably capping out at 15M reaching towards 20M.

Most certainly! I reckon Mario Maker 2 will hit 10 million before NSMBUDX does.
The game looks absolutely delicious.

i see the main deciding factor to this being the price. i know that the original Super Mario Maker was $60 and SMM2 expands a lot on that concept, but i can see sales being significantly higher if the price was cut down to $50 or even $40