By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pick Your Gen 8 Starter!

Tagged games:

Which starter would you choose?

Grookey 19 25.33%

Sobble 27 36.00%

Scorbunny 25 33.33%

I can't decide yet! 4 5.33%

Total:75

So I know we only know the first evolutionary stage of each starter, so it is a bit early for this, but I'm hyped and Galar looks gorgeous and I want to ride the hype train all the way to November. And I love all three starters! I usually don't. Usually there's at least one that I just can't stand or think is stupid. I won't name names to avoid controversy, but suffice to say this time around all three starters appeal to me and I totally get why people are into each one. So where does the VGChartz community stand on this? Based on what we know now, who are you leaning towards?

Grookey?

Sobble?

Or Scorbunny?

If I had to choose, I'm Team Scorbunny at this point, but that could change as we see the evolutions.

Last edited by HylianSwordsman - on 27 February 2019

Around the Network

as of right now I'll go for Grookey till we know what the Evo's look like

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Waiting to see evolutions. Don't have a preference at present.

I think scorbunny, but if it’s another fire/fighting, I’m out. This is the first gen ever where none of the starters are speaking to me right away

MasonADC said:
I think scorbunny, but if it’s another fire/fighting, I’m out. This is the first gen ever where none of the starters are speaking to me right away

Yeah, that's my thinking too. I'd rather not have another fire/fighting. That'd be the biggest thing that could push me away from Scorbunny.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
The water starter.

Not because it looks good, but just because it's the best of a bad bunch.

I like all of them, so I didn't think to add a "They all suck!" choice to the poll.

shikamaru317 said:

Scorbunny gave me instant Fire/Fighting vibes honestly. The patch on it's nose even looks like a bandage from where it has been fighting... Not to mention that Hares and Rabbit's both are known for boxing. 

He's called Scorbunny. He plays football/soccer. That's why the bandage, I think. What the hell fighting style would he have if he were fighting anyway? He seems to be based on an athlete, not a fighter or anything known for fighting like most fighting Pokemon.

mZuzek said:
shikamaru317 said:

Scorbunny gave me instant Fire/Fighting vibes honestly. The patch on it's nose even looks like a bandage from where it has been fighting... Not to mention that male Hares and Rabbits both are known for boxing in the spring. 

Scorbunny is a football Pokémon, which is why he has those things. Not sure if football means Fighting-type, honestly I don't know what type they'd even associate with it to begin with. Maybe Fire/Normal? It looks Normal-type enough to me, I guess.

We've never had a normal starter, unless you count Eevee in PLGE, which I wouldn't. I could see Scorbunny having some kick related fighting moves at some point, but basing a fighting Pokemon around an athlete from a particular team sport would be weird, to me. That said, a normal starter would be immune to ghost but unable to affect them with half his moves, and have multiple weaknesses but no strengths. So I'm hoping it isn't normal either.

Scorbunny for me too!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Grooky is by far the best design, though I feel like his design transitions the worst to 3D CGI. Kinda sad that he isn't that popular. And he has a very stupid name. Very stupid.