By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tetris 99 announced for Switch (aka tetris Battle Royal)! Free for Nintendo Online Members! Available Now!

Tagged games:

Finally, something worthwile for the Online Fee!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

That's interesting. First free new game for people with an online subscription. I wonder if we'll see more of these in the future.

people will make jokes just at the idea of hearing "battle royale tetris" without even seeing it but this is honestly genius and legit has me hyped lol, I love tetris already and this looks great. We already have had tetris games where you compete with others for who can go the longest in the past, so why is upping it to 99 players at once so ridiculous of a jump for some people?

more stuff like this is what I imagine Nintendo is doing to boost NSO membership

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 13 February 2019

Just downloaded it... I feel like I'll be playing this a lot in the next few weeks.

cycycychris said:
People are way too good at tetris :/

...tends to happen with over 30 years of practice...

I love this new-take/spin; definitely the most surprising announcement to-date.

I literally had to count the side-grids to make sure the math was correct, (7 x 7) x 2 + 1 (you) = nicely done!!

Around the Network

That game stressed the fuck out of me, and now I can't sleep =(

I like it! =D

I wasn't able to crack top 10, but I came close so many times.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

FloatingWaffles said:

people will make jokes just at the idea of hearing "battle royale tetris" without even seeing it but this is honestly genius and legit has me hyped lol, I love tetris already and this looks great. We already have had tetris games where you compete with others for who can go the longest in the past, so why is upping it to 99 players at once so ridiculous of a jump for some people?

more stuff like this is what I imagine Nintendo is doing to boost NSO membership

Who said upping it to 99 players is ridiculous?  I've seen almost universally positive talk about the game.  

VAMatt said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Who said upping it to 99 players is ridiculous?  I've seen almost universally positive talk about the game.  

I'm seeing a lot of people dismissing it already without looking at the game and just writing stuff like "LMAO A BATTLE ROYALE TETRIS" as if it's a ridiculous concept which I don't get since it seems like a clever way to go about it, especially when past games already have people compete for who can go the longest

that's what I mean 

I wasn't expecting this at all, but after a few games with my fiance, it's actually really good. Finally something worthwhile for NSO

I’ve KO’d a maximum of 2 people, but I have managed to get 2nd place.... it’s the best I’ll do because I literally got there by spinning blocks as much as possible at the end. I can only ever hope to survive until the end, not KO the top player =P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.