By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Apex Legends", F2P Titanfall BR game set to stealth launch Monday *Update: Out Now*

Tagged games:

What in the actual fuck?

I didn't believe it at first, but multiple insiders on GAF confirmed it, and EA has now registered the Apex Legends trademark.

A 60 player BR game apparently set in the GOTG Titanfall universe, but actually not including any Titans or any of the incredible movement that sets Titanfall apart from all the other shooters. Characters have unique abilities and fall into different classes and each team consists of three players.

Supposedly launching on everything but the Switch on Monday.

https://kotaku.com/a-free-to-play-titanfall-battle-royale-game-will-be-out-1832291956

I don't have much faith in this being good. It will probably play a lot like TF2 MP, which was good but not great.

Drop a Titan on me if old.

Around the Network

Well ...

That's one game Switch owners won't have to beg for!

Titanfall multiplayer was just alright but the campaign was epic, right up there with the infinite warfare campaign. I don't have high hopes but hopefully this BR thing is good.

Er.okay, might give it a go then. Blackout has been hurt by the recent armour update.

Hmm, pie.

Well I'm intrigued but doubt I will play it much.

I had a blast playing Titanfall 1 when that launched on X1. But I didn't get into the sequel's multiplayer. I should revisit that while it still has a population.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Last edited by COKTOE - on 02 February 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Kerotan said:
Titanfall multiplayer was just alright but the campaign was epic, right up there with the infinite warfare campaign. I don't have high hopes but hopefully this BR thing is good.

I'm only a few hours into the Titanfall 2 campaign but it's really great so far. The MP is ok but nothing special, and without the Titan drops would really be quite generic. BR without Titan's seems like another generic BR game to me. A huge map with hoards of Titan's battling sounds more intriguing to me. We'll see I guess. Considering I paid $10 for Titanfall 2 and Apex will be F2P it's a little hard to argue about the content and it's quality. 

Kerotan said:

I found the campaign to be just okay. Nothing special imo.

OP- Will check it out tomorrow. ..

Now confirmed to be a real thing and announcement from Respawn coming soon.

Twitch stream tomorrow at 8AM PST. Twitch name is PlayApex

So I guess a stream followed by release.