By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet is not censored, PS4 version will be missing several 'features'

It's just so stupid to censor these games, it's not like it's mainstream or little kids buying it

Around the Network

I would support the removal of these kinds of things in a mainline DOA game or something like that... But in a game like this, isn't that the whole point?

How can I buy this game once it's out? So far, I understand it's JP only.

Softening Gel.... what about hardening pills?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'm surprised Nintendo doesn't sensor. They wouldn't want to damage their family brand they've work so hard to create. I guess they really want the 3rd parties on board.

Around the Network

remember, when concepts for Bayonetta 2 were being pitched to Nintendo, the designers were certain they would be turned down for being too graphic. Nintendo then told them to make it more graphic

Sony is being controlled by either a crazy zealot feminist or old conservative preachy hypocrite zealots or possibly both who knows but what i do know is this shit started the last couple years right around the me too movement and trump being elected influencing other countries

This link actually gives good details about it https://www.gamerevolution.com/features/450587-sony-censorship-policy

Last edited by ResilientFighter - on 19 November 2018

cycycychris said:
KLAMarine said:
How can I buy this game once it's out? So far, I understand it's JP only.

For Switch, you need to create an account that is for the Japan region. that gives you access to the Japanese eshop and then you can buy this game. i believe you'll need to buy a Japanese Eshop card though, i don't believe they take any credit/debit cards that aren't from that region. I'm sure there is some good youtube videos out there that give you a step by step tutorial on all this stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R4IQ8yOt8w maybe this one, didn't watch it.

If you want physical (I think they are doing physical on this game), you can buy Japaneses games from places like play-asia.com or Amazon.jp. No mention yet if they plan to include english in these versions, so I'd double check that.

I do not think the game will have any English menus so playing it will be a pain for those interested in this kind of thing my only Japanese game is a pain in the ass to understand but it was worth getting a physical disc - gundam vs ps3

Considering that one PS4 game will have those things, while the other won’t, it sounds more like a developer choice.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

cycycychris said:
ResilientFighter said:

I do not think the game will have any English menus so playing it will be a pain for those interested in this kind of thing my only Japanese game is a pain in the ass to understand but it was worth getting a physical disc - gundam vs ps3

The original version of this game had a English translation. Unless there is some kind of rights holder to the translation that holds it back, i can't help but feel it'll be include.

That was before october 2017 though which is when andrew house stepped down. I think playstation now is going to try extremely hard to keep away Japanese pervy niche games from reaching america by any means including removing any english menus to make it even less pursuable and nintendo knows this so they are willing to risk their family friendly label in exchange for control of that niche market from now on