By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Sales Down 82.4% When Compared to Fallout 4 in the UK!

Tagged games:

I don't think anyone expected it to get anywhere close to a mainline Fallout game. It was a risk to try something new with the IP and I don't have a problem with that. More developers need to do that, actually. It's the reason we have games like World of Warcraft.

That being said, this might be a game without an audience. I think a lot of Fallout fans lean more toward single-player games with a lot of immersive elements. Many of the Fallout 4 forums online have a lot more older people and females than you see with a lot of other franchises.

I'm kind of halfway thinking that Bethesda is going to steer F76 more in that direction if it looks like the game isn't catching on. As more of a "service" offering, it might slowly transform into something more than it is now. I'm not interested at the moment but I am going to keep my eye on it and see if it undergoes any changes that might make me reconsider.

Around the Network

Lots of factors here. The game just looks bad,is getting bad reviews from both players and reviewers and is releasing fairly close to the biggest game of the year

shikamaru317 said:
pokoko said:
I don't think anyone expected it to get anywhere close to a mainline Fallout game. It was a risk to try something new with the IP and I don't have a problem with that. More developers need to do that, actually. It's the reason we have games like World of Warcraft.

That being said, this might be a game without an audience. I think a lot of Fallout fans lean more toward single-player games with a lot of immersive elements. Many of the Fallout 4 forums online have a lot more older people and females than you see with a lot of other franchises.

I'm kind of halfway thinking that Bethesda is going to steer F76 more in that direction if it looks like the game isn't catching on. As more of a "service" offering, it might slowly transform into something more than it is now. I'm not interested at the moment but I am going to keep my eye on it and see if it undergoes any changes that might make me reconsider.

I'm not sure I agree with that. People said the same thing when Elder Scrolls Online released, and it ended up being a success for Bethesda, with over 10m total players and 2.5m monthly active players back in June 2017. I feel like Bethesda's Fallout and Elder Scrolls audience is mostly the same people, there are some that only like one or the other, but most, like me, like both.

I have a feeling that Bethesda will listen to the complaints and add in NPC's and proper questlines over time. The nature of online games is that they constantly change and improve, ESO improved alot after release, when it first released it only had about a 65 meta on PC as I recall, by the time it was ported to consoles it was up to about 75 on metacritic, and now is at 80 meta on PC. 

The problem is its price. For 20-30 the game will do and would’ve done much better. They’ll drop the price soon anyway.

Based on what I've seen and what the game appears to be, completely deserved.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

There are game people consider bad but that function. A game like that would be The Order 1886. I played the game and enjoyed, worth the price. I played the game because I knew that while enjoyment is subjective it was going to run properly and it was worth a shot.

There are other games that people like but are messy and don't function. These are Bethesda games. I've never played a Bethesda game because I know that even if I enjoy the gameplay these problems will massively affect my gameplay experience and I wouldn't have that. Its the reason I've never played a Bethesda game, I didn't play Fallout 76 though the premise looks interesting and I wouldn't play Starfield and Elder Scrolls.

Around the Network

It's honestly unusual for me not to be planning to pick up a Fallout game. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I know friends who are enjoying it.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I cannot say i'm unhappy about this. Bethesda needed a kick in the n*ts for a while. Let's hope they learn something of it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Low reviews and even lower sales is a fantastic start to the monumental kick up the arse that Bethesda needs.

Great fucking news.