By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your early impressions of Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee?

Tagged games:

It is very charming and nostalgic, a bit too easy but not a deal breaker.
Overall: great!

Around the Network

Loving it personally, a fresh take on a very old game.

Very pleased with the game after 22 hours i must say. Only real problem is lack of Pro-controller support

I am really enjoying it.
I also like the fact that some trainers have stronger Pokemon earlier on, such as the coaches.
The game is excellent at tugging at the old nostalgia strings and offering some new elements. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if future Pokemon games were heavily reused the capture mechanic from this game. Just give us the option to turn of EXP. Share and I am good.

I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Once I boxed Pikachu the difficulty of the game felt more in line of a traditional Pokemon game. I also find myself slightly under leveled at times.

Around the Network

I got the game as a surprise present today, and am playing through. The game itself is much better than I was expecting, but there's something that makes me very worried for next year's games; the frame rate is atrocious, somehow even worse than on the 3DS. The game runs at an unstable 20-30fps and stutters heavily in any area with much going on. It stuttered so badly (definitely under 10fps) in Viridian Forest that I thought my Switch was dying.

Game Freak are terrible devs and they really need to bring in a lot of new expertise or get help from another dev to make next years games or they're going to fall far short of what they could be.

Copied from the Let's Go review thread: So far, I'm enjoying Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. The catching mechanic works well imo. I prefer wild Pokemon battles, though.

I'm really enjoying it.

As news started rolling in about it over the last few weeks, I had become worried it was going to be disappointing. After spending a few hours with it, my concens hav melted away. Catchng wild Pokemon yeilds experience, and you are constantly getting PokeBalls from random Trainers and Coaches, so inventory is not an issue.

Dressng up Pikachu is a nice little addition that I am going to enjoy.

The battles are as I remember them from Red, Blue, and Yellow. That is hat I wanted, so I am pleased.

As mentioned above the Frame Rate struggles. I am not reallg a stickler on framerate, but the slow down is obvious. Being a turn basd game, it really doesn't affect anything, just makes you look sideways at your Switch, wondering how such a simple game can be slowing it down.

All in all I am enjoying it, and can not wait to get back to my Sitch to play some more.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

mZuzek said:
RingoGaSuki said:

I got the game as a surprise present today, and am playing through. The game itself is much better than I was expecting, but there's something that makes me very worried for next year's games; the frame rate is atrocious, somehow even worse than on the 3DS. The game runs at an unstable 20-30fps and stutters heavily in any area with much going on. It stuttered so badly (definitely under 10fps) in Viridian Forest that I thought my Switch was dying.

Game Freak are terrible devs and they really need to bring in a lot of new expertise or get help from another dev to make next years games or they're going to fall far short of what they could be.

I think Game Freak know they're crap and just don't care, because why would they when every game sells 10m+ anyway.

Still, I'm shocked to know they couldn't get the framerate right on such an unambitious game with 3DS-level graphics. They can't tell me that's the best the game can run when a game like Smash Ultimate runs at a consistent 60fps... I thought the framerate issues were a 3DS problem, but apparently Game Freak's crappiness extends to any system.

Calling the graphics 3DS level isn't hyperbole, it id a blatant and demonstrable falsehood.  

Still, unimpressive technical showing.  

Just beat Brock, so pretty early in. Feels extremely easy, but it's fun too. I actually like the Go style of catching more than I thought I would, kinda hoping this is an optional setting in a future game now.

Overall its a nice nostalgia trip I'd say, just don't expect to think much while you play.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334