By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That are Good at One Genre but Suck at Another

Tagged games:

Some games combine genres. Sometimes it works perfectly and the two sides work in perfect harmony. Other times it can be a bit lopsided where a game is good in terms of one genre but bad in terms of another.

For example, Resident Evil 5 is a pretty good third person action shooter but most would probably agree it is a poor survival horror game. I think Murumasa the Demon Blade is an awesome 2D hack'n'slash but its action RPG elements are weak. Asura's Wrath was a cool action game but a repetitive scrolling shooter.

Any other examples?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

My life is a great survival horror game, but a horrible dating sim.

I don't know if this is what you mean but when Castlevania went 3D on... I think PS2, it sucked shit imo. That game was meant for 2D.

VGPolyglot said:
My life is a great survival horror game, but a horrible dating sim.

Is this a joke or just a really poorly titled game?

Halo good first person,terrible RTS. I know a lot of people like Halo Wars,but I felt it was just bad

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Super Mario Odyssey is a bad platformer but a good time waster

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

So, you don't like SMO or BotW?

VGPolyglot said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

So, you don't like SMO or BotW?

Oh no, I like both games. Especially BotW, was never even close to "not liking" that game lol. I'm just answering the premise of the OP. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 09 April 2018

Mario educational games. Marios Time Machine and Mario is Missing.. oh the horrors.

Fire Emblem Awakening is a bad tactical RPG but a decent waifu/breeding simulator.