By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold prediction: Dark Souls Remastered will sell most copies on Switch

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Not bold, it will outsell... 2 2.53%

Agree, it will sell the most on Switch. 21 26.58%

No, the game will sell most on PS4. 47 59.49%

Crazy, Switch-sales will ... 4 5.06%

It will sell over 9000 copies! 5 6.33%

Total:79

OK, I think I'll have to make also a bold prediciton for once. Later this year Dark Souls releases for multiple platform. It is the first more interesting game releasing on Switch at the same time as on the competitors platforms. So this will be interesting to see, how well sales on Switch hold up to other platforms.

Well, I for one think it is quite possible, that sales onSwitch beat out the sales on the other two platforms.

What do you think?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

It might because you think it's the first ever dark soul game on a nintendo system and the playstation and xbox fans might not want to play the same game over again.

That may be true. I never played it before and will want to try it on the NS.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Because of the sheer number of ps4:s sold I think it will sell most on the ps4 but I think the fatigue will bw seen on the xbone sales which I think the Switch will beat.

I definitely think the attach rate on Switch will be the highest, but with so many games before selling better on Switch than the PS4, it could happen that it sells in total more copies

Around the Network

I just looked at dark souls 2 ps4 number on vgchartz and its at around 700k. If dark souls remastered can do the same on ps4 then I don't think switch can beat that

A $500, PS4 Dark Souls trilogy game is on COMG before the Switch version, that alone should tell you that this ain't gonna happen.

Well its possible, but I think will sell better than XB1 version of game at least.

I'm not sure which way it will go. In the short run it will probably favor PS4 simply because of their install base. However in the long run I think I'd have to favor Switch. Dark Souls is really the type of game that appeals to old school gamers or people who like old school games. The Switch console really is much more for old school gamers than PS4 or XB1, especially if you look at the types of games released early 2017 for Switch. BotW, Bomberman, Street Figther, Puyo Puyo Tetris, etc.... Nintendo was really going for old school gamers when they launched the Switch.

I'm also inclined to think that Nintendo might give more marketing support to Dark Souls than Sony or Microsoft will. They have an amiibo with it, and before that January mini-direct they were acting like Dark Souls was a really big reveal.

Nah, I think it'll sell more on PS4.