By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best 3rd Party Games and Franchises That Never Released on PlayStation Platforms

Tagged games:

PlayStation has always been strong in terms of 3rd party support. Especially on home consoles it is usually the safest bet for receiving the big name 3rd Party multiplats and even exclusives. After more than 20 years and 6 platforms nearly all the major 3rd Party series have been released on PS in some form or another.

However, there are a select few that to my knowledge have managed to thrive without ever being on a PS console. My question is what are the best such examples and do you think they will ever release on PlayStation in the future?

Some examples off the top of my head:

Left 4 Dead/ Left 4 Dead 2

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Series

Professor Layton

Yokai Watch

Are there any other examples? Please note only 3rd Party games count. Of course Mario and Halo have not and likely will not appear on PlayStation at any time in the foreseeable future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Every grand strategy game worth its weight in salt/gold (strike out the less valuable of the two).

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

I dont know......that come to mind are ESIII: Morrowind, Call of Duty 2, and titanfall 1.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

In addition to those mentioned, I'd add KOTOR and Republic Commando.

A ton of PC games.

Blizzard cept Diablo 3.
Total War Series (Spartan Total Warrior is great but doesn't count)
EU and CK
TES Morrowind
etc.

Around the Network

maybe some of the earlier 360 games that ps3 didn't get

jet set radio next also

Bayonetta 2, warcraft, command and conquer etc etc way too many to list

I liked some of the Dead Or Alive games a fair bit.

They never released the 144fps version of Rocket league on the PS4, which is too bad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

A lot of PC games but then again I'm not sure if the control scheme would've worked for a console ...

And maybe a few Japanese titles but other than that not much since PS as a platform for 3rd party software can hardly get much more ideal than that ...