By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita Pro (Switch-ish)

Tagged games:

PS VIta Pro

Would buy. 9 23.68%

Might buy. 5 13.16%

Wouldn't buy. 13 34.21%

Your ideas are bad, and you should feel bad. 11 28.95%

Total:38

I don't expect another all new handheld from Sony. However, would anyone else be interested in an updated model to the PSVita?

A new vita with a larger screen and updated specs that just plays Vita (and PS1/P/Now) games better than the current vita. Also a convenient (and not sold separately) Switch-like docking option that allows the system to run better while docked. Perhaps android OS instead of the vita's current OS which is just based on android.

Would you be interested in such a product?

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

thats even more ridiculous than making a new handheld

I would buy any Sony made handheld, I loved the PSP and PSVita and would definitely pick it up.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Just like PSTV then

i didnt even buy regular vita, no way id buy something like that either.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Just like PSTV then

PSTV requires a tv. This would be a handheld with a tv-docking options (see the Nintendo Switch).

4 ≈ One

I don't see it becoming populat. The Vita is already a niche handheld as it it and, outside of gaming circles, people don't even know it exists. Instead of making a console that would divide the existing userbase and wouldn't bring as many new users to be worth it, why not go the other way around? The Vita TV was a great idea, a cheap alternative that would be worth it to those who already own PS3/4 controllers to play the few Vita games they'd be interested in. The fact Sony's Memory cards add up a lot to the price could've been avoided by this, but they didn't. After this, I don't think they are going to touch gaming handhelds for a while, much less Vita hardware.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Leave handhelds to Nintendo and tablet/phone makers. It's just not worth it. Sony shouldn't divert its attention away from the home console.

Dgc1808 said:
SKMBlake said:
Just like PSTV then

PSTV requires a tv. This would be a handheld with a tv-docking options (see the Nintendo Switch).

I know, I have both.

When I said "just like the PSTV", I meant an enhanced version of the Vita/PSTV combo

I'm interested in it in roughly the same way that I'm interested in winning the lottery.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."