By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 storage issue

Tagged games:

I have no constructive suggestions for you, but I love the tagged game XD

Around the Network

Excited to hear you are getting a 4TB external. That will set you up for a long time. I have 4TB Internal SSD, and a 5GB External HDD. With 227 apps installed, I am at just short of 4TB in total between the two.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I think the PS4 reserves "some" space for updates.

That makes no sense. I had a similarly puzzling issue about a year ago, but the game file size and HD space discrepancy wasn't as pronounced as the one you're dealing with. Hope you can get it working properly again.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Delete system 32. That thing takes up tons of space.

Around the Network

I guess what you'll just have to do is wait until the hard drive arrives before being able to download it, unless you're willing to delete some games.

Those problems are due to corrupted data. Here's how to solve it:

- Make a backup of everything
- Get the full firmware on this page: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation
It needs to be the full thing and not just an update. Should be around 900 MB in size
- Put the PS4UPDATE.PUP onto an USB drive inside a folder named UPDATE

- Put the USB drive into the PS4

- Go to safe mode (Hold Power Button in Rest Mode until the system beeps a second time)
- Select "Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)"
- Restore your backup

You should then be able to use all of your hard drive again.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

The beauty of a closed system. It can tell you whatever it wants, no matter if it's true or not because you cannot verify it yourself.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I always just delete games when i'm finished with them, and sync my data with the online servers. I don't mind deleting stuff, since it doesn't take but a few minutes, to reinstall stuff on the PS4.

BraLoD said:
Aeolus451 said:
I think the PS4 reserves "some" space for updates.

19GB seems like a random number xP

I did some search and there are people claiming to have over 80GB of dead space, looks like a random bug.

COKTOE said:

That makes no sense. I had a similarly puzzling issue about a year ago, but the game file size and HD space discrepancy wasn't as pronounced as the one you're dealing with. Hope you can get it working properly again.

Yeah, same here, first time it didn't bug me out, this time it's ridiculous.

Well, I've had it happen more than a few times when I tried install a new game or expansion to a game. I'm fairly certain that it reserves space for system updates and updates to apps/games.