By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One year later, how do you feel about Resident Evil 7?

Tagged games:

What do you think of RE7

A triumph in every way! 15 53.57%

What an Outlast rip off! 2 7.14%

The old games were better. 3rd person 4 Lyfe! 6 21.43%

I haven't played it. 5 17.86%

Total:28

So I decided to fire up Resident Evil 7 for the first time in a year and...it holds up. In fact, I found myself appreciating the game even more. I was skeptical about the first person setting, lack of known characters, etc. Now, I can't imagine the series any other way.

But that's just me. What's your opinion of Resident Evil 7? Return to form or latest misstep?

Around the Network

Probably still a pretty good game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

An excellent game.Hopefully Capcom keeps at it and make a great game one after another.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I also started it back up, and its as good as I remember, one of the best games of last year.  

My 2nd ranked RE behind RE4, which is one of my favorite games.

I feel the same I did after beating it. It was a bit short. Great premise and viewpoint but i wish they would have gone deeper with more passageways and areas. More elaborate and secret plotpoints. The last level was also too spelled out and not scary compared to the rest by that point. It has a great base structure but had they applied some of the tools that made the other RE titles so great, then it would have been a lot better and timeless.

Around the Network

I only played it once, last year, although I hope to pick up the Gold edition and try PSVR and the DLC.

I still think of it as one of the best games of 2017. The first hour is fairly mundane but once you reach the “mansion” proper things really open up. It felt very much like an old-school RE game, only with a different perspective and with more western horror trappings. I’d say it’s the third or fourth best RE game.

I like it.I like they reverted to a more survival horror theme, and enjoyed it more than RE5 and RE6.My main complaint would be the severe lack of enemy variety, but other than that it was one of my favorite games last year, and I have yet to try it in VR.

I should be getting a PSVR soon, and finally get to see what it feels like playing the game in VR.

Love it. It's the type of tight single player experience that I can run through over and over again. Reminiscent of the PSOne days.

I'm biased for playing it all in VR. It's still one of the best VR games I have played and was and still is the most amazing experience I've had in decades for gaming.

I still feel like I should pick it up... Hopefully I do within this year as the Gold seems reasonably priced or I will still feel the same this time in another year :P