By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Odyssey?

Tagged games:

No one liked Donkey Kong 64 even Rare hated it. So we already got DK Odyssey. DK is a series best as 2D.

Around the Network

Nah, I want Donkey Kong to continue the Country series.Nintendo can and should push that game foward, giving it the same treatment Odyssey and Zelda got.

What I want is Mario and Luigi to use the Odyssey engine.That would be awesome.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Maybe New Donk City was alluding to a DKO title in development.

Either way BotW and Odyssey have been huge successes for Nintendo.
With both the games being well received critically and commercially, and with Splatoon's success: I think a new age of Nintendo innovation is upon us.

SegataSanshiro said:

No one liked Donkey Kong 64 even Rare hated it. So we already got DK Odyssey. DK is a series best as 2D.

This with all due respect might be the single most revisionist comment I've ever seen on this site. DK64's naysayers mainly bubbled well after launch, mainly from what I can tell because of a few YouTubers who have come out in the past couple years saying they didn't like the game. It received nearly identical scores to both Banjo games from most major publications, and still has a big following online today. You may as well be saying that nobody ever liked Crash 2!

OT: I've been saying since Odyssey launched, the fact that DK himself never appears in his 3D form in the game, while Diddy for some reason had an in-game costume, screams to me that there's another DK game on the way. That they went all in on referencing the entire series EXCEPT for modern Kong himself just makes me think a 3D DK is gonna be a 2018-2019 surprise. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I like the DK Country games a lot more than DK 64 but I wouldn't mind a return to the DK 64 style if they really improve on some of the problems that game had.

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
SegataSanshiro said:

This with all due respect might be the single most revisionist comment I've ever seen on this site. DK64's naysayers mainly bubbled well after launch, mainly from what I can tell because of a few YouTubers who have come out in the past couple years saying they didn't like the game. It received nearly identical scores to both Banjo games from most major publications, and still has a big following online today. You may as well be saying that nobody ever liked Crash 2!

OT: I've been saying since Odyssey launched, the fact that DK himself never appears in his 3D form in the game, while Diddy for some reason had an in-game costume, screams to me that there's another DK game on the way. That they went all in on referencing the entire series EXCEPT for modern Kong himself just makes me think a 3D DK is gonna be a 2018-2019 surprise. 

All Crash games are shit, I sincerly mean that, fuck that series. DK64 isn't bad as a game but it's a terrible Donkey Kong. I know nothing about Youtube not liking an old game. It was hated then when it came out,I remember the backlash in 99 and has always been there. This isn't Zelda CDi where the internet found out after AVGN. Recent interviews with the devs have said its not a game they feel went very werll. So what if it scored same review scores. Many things get good review scores but hated by fans. Some things just get great reviews on Brand and Studio attached. Skyward Sword got great reviews but is least liked 3D Zelda by so many. Much like Mario Sunshine. Banjo is irrelevant to the convo. Oh and Yooka showed people liked the idea of a new Banjo more than actually having one since that type of gameplay hasn't aged well at all. BTW I still own both on N64.

i see it happening in 2019 or 20...

but yeah i think it will happen

I too would love to see a 3D Donkey Kong.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I want a proper Donkey Kong Country sequel.

SegataSanshiro said:

yea... you're clearly speaking for yourself there. I know lots of people that like DK64, and I'm one of them

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD